Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my nutrition covered with this workout regimen? page 2

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Yeah and if you're not supplementing magnesium, please start. I recommend chelated magnesium, it's absorbed better and won't mess with your stomach.
    Can't argue with that point. I use a chelated mag in the form of mag glycinate, and take Epsom Salt baths on top of that when I'm particularly sore or have injured a muscle.

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    My point is that you have a lot of training volume between Muay Thai, BJJ, and your added workouts. Very little extended recovery time. No matter how well you eat, you'll burn yourself out and stall if you don't give yourself adequate recovery time. I'd be more concerned about my sleep than my food at the moment if I were you.
    Good call. I should perhaps cut out Saturday training. Thanks RM

Yeah and if you're not supplementing magnesium, please start. I recommend chelated magnesium, it's absorbed better and won't mess with your stomach.
    Will check that out. Thanks!

I take CALM...is that good enough?
    Natural Calm Raspberry-Lemon 8oz

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    My point is that you have a lot of training volume between Muay Thai, BJJ, and your added workouts. Very little extended recovery time. No matter how well you eat, you'll burn yourself out and stall if you don't give yourself adequate recovery time. I'd be more concerned about my sleep than my food at the moment if I were you.
    Perhaps keep the BJJ the way it is but only train the others on Tues and Thurs (alternating weeks with MT and KB training) Would that provide better rest periods...maybe still remove Saturday out of the mix?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12