Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: True Hunger page 4

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    Providing what you were doing was actually working, I'd say the stall is due to an eventual reduction in the metabolism. A fatter person requires more calories, so you will require less calories after weight loss. Also, the metabolism decreases over time when you've been cutting calories for an extended period of time. An occasional refeed can help combat this and so can intense exercise such as weight training.

Also realize that calories always count. What I have found is that when ever I had questions about how to lose the fat, a reduction in calories has never failed me.
    Err before was CW "dieting" I haven't hit the wall on PB yet, but I'm sure it will come. In the beginning my appetite died. I was barely eating 900 calories per day. I have stopped counting, because I know I am still low, but I'm not hungry. So, I eat when I'm hungry. That's it. I was making it too hard. Just curious as to what you had to say.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Err before was CW "dieting" I haven't hit the wall on PB yet, but I'm sure it will come. In the beginning my appetite died. I was barely eating 900 calories per day. I have stopped counting, because I know I am still low, but I'm not hungry. So, I eat when I'm hungry. That's it. I was making it too hard. Just curious as to what you had to say.
    It seems clear why it's working for you. I would agree that in most cases it isn't necessary to count calories to lose weight. However, if you aren't getting the results, it can be very helpful to note what you're eating and see what you can remove or replace to cause a further reduction.

I guess what I'm saying is that in most cases counting calories isn't necessary. But for the folks who aren't losing weight and they don't know why, it's time for a reality check and see what's really going on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234