Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: True Hunger page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I find hunger pangs come and go, getting stronger until there is no question.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    How can you tell if you're really hungry?
    If you have more than adequate storage fat on your body, then any feelings of hunger is all in your head, no matter how long you've gone without food.

A good friend of mine who is thin told me its when your stomach physically hurts. Then you know you need to eat.

I never got that feeling. Never. Even when I fasted for 4 days, I only felt like I wanted to eat because I like yummy food, not because I needed it. It makes sense. I'm probably around 10% body fat so I have a good several lbs to spare, which would easily last a few weeks.

Body fat is food.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    My stomach hurts sometimes, and there's a feeling of emptiness but as someone who has done 22/2 IF for years, I am not bothered by it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    My stomach hurts sometimes, and there's a feeling of emptiness but as someone who has done 22/2 IF for years, I am not bothered by it.
    A very lean person should be much more careful, so even if you have got used to your hungerpangs, they may be serious warnings though! A fat persons don't need to take any notice, except making sure that the hungerpangs are not disguised "thirst"... Messing up with the electrolytes is a serious issue both for fat and lean, and sometimes what is perceived as "hunger" is really "thirst"...

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    If you have more than adequate storage fat on your body, then any feelings of hunger is all in your head, no matter how long you've gone without food.

A good friend of mine who is thin told me its when your stomach physically hurts. Then you know you need to eat.

I never got that feeling. Never. Even when I fasted for 4 days, I only felt like I wanted to eat because I like yummy food, not because I needed it. It makes sense. I'm probably around 10% body fat so I have a good several lbs to spare, which would easily last a few weeks.

Body fat is food.
    *sigh* see, I always think about this, but then people go on about "starvation mode." So which is it? Starvation mode doesn't exist if you have body fat? Especially excess body fat?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    *sigh* see, I always think about this, but then people go on about "starvation mode." So which is it? Starvation mode doesn't exist if you have body fat? Especially excess body fat?
    'Starvation mode' exist when you are starving, but a fat person has enough bodyfat to fuel his needs and will not be starving...

peril is offline Senior Member
    Drink some water. If you still feel hungry then you probably are.

Also, hunger isn't only driven by macronutrients. Micronutrients play their part because they are so important to good health
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    So, I don't need to worry about starvation mode, holding water blah blah blah? For now, anyway...
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Fast for 48 hours and remember that feeling.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    Fast for 48 hours and remember that feeling.
    The first time I did that I ate like one nut and was full :/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast