Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Do I Not Sweat? page 3

mauler5858 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Is you lack of sweating a problem for you? Because if you can do all the exercise you need to do, not dripping with sweat can only be a plus in my book. I have a friend who sweats profusely. He has to "pre-hydrate" before he goes hiking. He has to carry tons of water. He drips with sweat and has to wipe his brow constantly with a bandana. His shirt gets crusted with salt stains. Even on cold, dry days. Me? I can have a cup of coffee or two, hike all day, drink less than half a liter of water, and stay cool, dry and comfortable.

It concerns me because I feel as though I am not adequately cooling my body when working out. Because of this I tend to not exert myself as much as I feel I could for fear of overheating.
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs
    Goal - Around 200lbs(will be focusing on the mirror and not the scale then)
    Working hard to make a healthier and more active me.

mauler5858 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    What kind of exercise you do for an hour with minimal sweating? I think that's very important. If I do resistance workouts, calisthenics, or even walking at brisk pace, I don't sweat much either. However, when I run as I always do at 5.8 mph. I start sweating profusely as I hit the 1mi. mark.
    Generally run/walk and free weights. Just a couple years back I would sweat fairly regular. And now, close to nothing.
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs
    Goal - Around 200lbs(will be focusing on the mirror and not the scale then)
    Working hard to make a healthier and more active me.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    i'm not a sweater either. I never have been. I workout pretty hard as well. I don't use my perspiration as a guide whether I'm working out hard enough but rather how tired I get or if I'm getting out of breath.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mauler5858 View Post
    It concerns me because I feel as though I am not adequately cooling my body when working out. Because of this I tend to not exert myself as much as I feel I could for fear of overheating.
    Do you actually feel overheated or is this some kind of vague worry that you might overheat? What happens if you go all out? Do you actually get sick?

I don't know anything about you so I can't make assumptions about you, but I have led Sierra Club hikes for over a decade and witnessed some pretty odd things. I have had a lady come on a hike who freaked out because she was breathing hard. She had never felt that way before. She kept stopping to sit down thinking there was something seriously wrong with her like a heart attack or something. It turned out she just didn't know that you breathe hard when you hike up a mountain. It turned out she was actually quite a good hiker when she realized that breathing hard was normal.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123