Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Do I Not Sweat?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Do you also get dizzy or tired when it's hot out? I actually keep electrolyte drink packets with me during the summer because straight water will not keep me from feeling like crap.
    Yes somewhat.
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs
    Goal - Around 200lbs(will be focusing on the mirror and not the scale then)
    Working hard to make a healthier and more active me.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    Hmmm...Could possibly be.
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs

Im so sorry!!! I thought about that right after I posted the gender differences. That rules that out then

Check out Jack Kruse's Leptin Reset. He attributes it to leptin resistance
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I don't sweat much either. I don't think it's a sign of anything. I wouldn't worry about.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

I agree that a lot of tasty farm and wild animals are cute, but I still eat them.

I did find another suggestion elsewhere that suggested Iodine deficiency. That option seems to have some merit as well.
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs

Is you lack of sweating a problem for you? Because if you can do all the exercise you need to do, not dripping with sweat can only be a plus in my book. I have a friend who sweats profusely. He has to "pre-hydrate" before he goes hiking. He has to carry tons of water. He drips with sweat and has to wipe his brow constantly with a bandana. His shirt gets crusted with salt stains. Even on cold, dry days. Me? I can have a cup of coffee or two, hike all day, drink less than half a liter of water, and stay cool, dry and comfortable.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

I don't think that there is a correlation between sweating and how in shape or hydrated one is. I'm in shape and I really only ever sweat when I'm in an extremely hot environment. I like the fact that I don't sweat much because I an exercise and not need a shower afterwards or anything to cover up a fowl smell. So in short, I wouldn't sweat it.

Shop Now
    What kind of exercise you do for an hour with minimal sweating? I think that's very important. If I do resistance workouts, calisthenics, or even walking at brisk pace, I don't sweat much either. However, when I run as I always do at 5.8 mph. I start sweating profusely as I hit the 1mi. mark.