Hi Primal Community,

First of all, I have to say that I have been looking over Marks site for over a year, but didn't start the primal way of life until the end of September 2012. The death of my mentor was such a tragedy and I was so upset that I didn't care what was going into my mouth.

After a month of this behavior and 5 pounds later, I needed to stop and think. I was already overweight, I had just been to the doctors and was told to lose weight. I agreed of course, because I felt like crap. I remembered some information I saw on this site and decided that I should begin my journey. I ordered The Primal Blueprint. It was a hard transition. The first two weeks of no sugar and grain left me tired, but hopeful. I felt an improvement in my digestion and after the cloud cleared, I could really see what this kind of living could do for my health.

My mother has health problems and I didn't want to become her. She has the same health problems as my grandfather did. Diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure, I didn't want to partake in that tradition.

So here I am, 15 pounds lighter and feeling so much better and knowing I will be fighting off those diseases that plague my family. Thank you Mark for making it so clear that what feels natural, actually is!

Barb