Thread: Primal Journal by mbtwos page

mbtwos is offline Member

Primal Journal by mbtwos

Primal Fuel
    Hi Primal Community,

First of all, I have to say that I have been looking over Marks site for over a year, but didn't start the primal way of life until the end of September 2012. The death of my mentor was such a tragedy and I was so upset that I didn't care what was going into my mouth.

After a month of this behavior and 5 pounds later, I needed to stop and think. I was already overweight, I had just been to the doctors and was told to lose weight. I agreed of course, because I felt like crap. I remembered some information I saw on this site and decided that I should begin my journey. I ordered The Primal Blueprint. It was a hard transition. The first two weeks of no sugar and grain left me tired, but hopeful. I felt an improvement in my digestion and after the cloud cleared, I could really see what this kind of living could do for my health.

My mother has health problems and I didn't want to become her. She has the same health problems as my grandfather did. Diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure, I didn't want to partake in that tradition.

So here I am, 15 pounds lighter and feeling so much better and knowing I will be fighting off those diseases that plague my family. Thank you Mark for making it so clear that what feels natural, actually is!

Barb

mjfutty is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for being such a wonderful example of how working hard pays off!
    So glad we are doing this together <3

mbtwos is offline Member
    Me too!

mbtwos is offline Member
    Being primal now for 5 months, I've tried IF. I don't have any trouble fasting for 24 hours, not like when I wasn't primal and got headaches after 5 hours of not eating. I started fasting about 2 days per week, two weeks ago. I try to fast when I won't be working out. Does it matter?

I haven't been losing fat for a while, so I think this is my best option. I've also seen some posts that suggest reducing or eliminating dairy. I can reduce it, but I love it so!

SW 170
    GW 125
    CW 155
    F/49/5'4"
    Last edited by mbtwos; 02-25-2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: mistake

mbtwos is offline Member
    I went to brunch yesterday. I had quiche with pie crust, crepes with fresh fruit and fresh whipped cream and bacon... I had to take a nap because I was so sleepy from eating that darned wheat flour!

mbtwos is offline Member
    I was searching through the posts for today and found a recipe for Triclops - YUMMY... I just finished eating them. 1 egg, 2 yolks, some left over ham and ounce of cream cheese all cooked in butter and bacon grease! Best eggs ever!

mbtwos is offline Member
    I feel sorry for the poor saps stuck in conventional dieting, with their tasteless, no fat, no flavor food... I made Cream Cheese Clouds last night, my taste buds sang Hallelujah!

mbtwos is offline Member
    My husband had decided to join us in the fight, for the right, to eat FAT! That makes dinners easier

mbtwos is offline Member
    OK, got some good advice, because I was struggling losing the poundage. I am going to move slowly, often and cut out dairy and nuts. Also, I am going super low carb and high fat! Should kick start things again Last night I ate black olives, chicken legs with yummy crispy skin and a bit of greenbeans, braised in chicken broth and butter. Yes, butter is dairy, but there is a limit to how much cutting out I can do. If it comes down to the wire, yes I will eliminate the butter too