Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candida? (Prepare for strange picture) page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Candida? (Prepare for strange picture)

Primal Fuel
    Pretty much all my life I have had bad breath (apart from when I brush my teeth with mint oil and baking soda, then it's gona for about 30 minutes). I don't have heartburn issues (though I use to before primal). And I just don't know what to do. I am pretty convinced it comes from my tongue, which looks like this:
    I can't brush the very back of my tongue due to gagging.

The only thing I can think of is candida, simply because I can't seem to find another explanation. Could this be? Has anyone else experienced bad tongue breath and solved it?
    Billie trips balls

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a mild case of oral thrush which is caused by candida. Don't brush under the tongue, brush the tongue itself. There should be some over the counter rinses to treat it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Aylaway is offline Junior Member
    I would try apple cider vinegar, coconut oil pulling and a primal diet.
    How long have you been primal? I noticed your vegan reference in your sig, were you vegan before?
    High fruit and grain diets are notorious for candida and yes I agree that's what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaway View Post
    I would try apple cider vinegar, coconut oil pulling and a primal diet.
    How long have you been primal? I noticed your vegan reference in your sig, were you vegan before?
    High fruit and grain diets are notorious for candida and yes I agree that's what it looks like.
    A year. I do eat a lot of bananas and drink a lot of raw milk though. This is cheap and high in calories so it's actually my only bulking option for the extra calories.
    I will try your advice. Thanks.
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Looks like a mild case of oral thrush which is caused by candida. Don't brush under the tongue, brush the tongue itself. There should be some over the counter rinses to treat it.
    I do brush the tongue itself, but I can't get far back.
    Billie trips balls

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hello Gadsie!

I cannot really brush that far back either, so I got one of these:

"Tongue Sweeper Model P Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner" at amazon

it works so well that I got one for every member of this family. There are other types of tongue scrapers out there, but they feel like a very large object in the mouth and cause gagging in us, so for us, this the way to go. It is the size of a long toothbrush, just with a stainless steel loop at the end. Whatever you do, do NOT get anything plastic, as plastic gets smelly.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 02-22-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Do you floss? If you have a small piece of meat stuck in the space between back molars, it can rot and stink. If you have some little gaps down in between otherwise crowded teeth, fibres of meat can get caught in there. If so, you can put a single or even double overhand knot in the floss, pull it tight and then use it to clean the gap between your teeth.

Voice of experience here - I am never without floss for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Do you floss? If you have a small piece of meat stuck in the space between back molars, it can rot and stink. If you have some little gaps down in between otherwise crowded teeth, fibres of meat can get caught in there. If so, you can put a single or even double overhand knot in the floss, pull it tight and then use it to clean the gap between your teeth.

Voice of experience here - I am never without floss for this very reason.
    Yeah I floss.. My current escape is mint oil, which for no longer than 10 minutes
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hello Gadsie!

I cannot really brush that far back either, so I got one of these:

"Tongue Sweeper Model P Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner" at amazon

it works so well that I got one for every member of this family. There are other types of tongue scrapers out there, but they feel like a very large object in the mouth and cause gagging in us, so for us, this the way to go. It is the size of a long toothbrush, just with a stainless steel loop at the end. Whatever you do, do NOT get anything plastic, as plastic gets smelly.
    I'll check it out, thanks
    Billie trips balls

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Candida loves sugar. Bananas (ripe ones) have sugar and so does raw milk (lactose). You might want to cut down on these; if you have oral thrush you can be sure you have overgrown yeast in your gut. You might also consider increasing your probiotic foods: traditional (non-pasteurized) sauerkraut and kimchee, yogurt (make your own from your raw milk and culture for 24 hours to minimize lactose), and kombucha. These compete with the yeast for living quarters in your body...

Pea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast