Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candida? (Prepare for strange picture) page 2

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWannabeGirl View Post
    Candida loves sugar. Bananas (ripe ones) have sugar and so does raw milk (lactose). You might want to cut down on these; if you have oral thrush you can be sure you have overgrown yeast in your gut. You might also consider increasing your probiotic foods: traditional (non-pasteurized) sauerkraut and kimchee, yogurt (make your own from your raw milk and culture for 24 hours to minimize lactose), and kombucha. These compete with the yeast for living quarters in your body...

Pea
    I second this advice.

What's your history with antibiotics? They're notorious for sweeping out the good bacteria along with the bad. Also, do you consume nuts and if so, which ones? It might be a good idea to eliminate them for a while, because they may contain mold (some more than others). I've also heard that caffeine should be cut when fighting candida, since it stresses the immune system. I unfortunately have no reliable sources and it's just something I've heard somewhere so I can't vouch for it.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenni View Post
    I second this advice.

What's your history with antibiotics? They're notorious for sweeping out the good bacteria along with the bad. Also, do you consume nuts and if so, which ones? It might be a good idea to eliminate them for a while, because they may contain mold (some more than others). I've also heard that caffeine should be cut when fighting candida, since it stresses the immune system. I unfortunately have no reliable sources and it's just something I've heard somewhere so I can't vouch for it.
    I don't eat nuts, I eat a lot of bananas and drink raw milk. I want to cut the bananas, however I need to find a high calorie replacement and bananas have some minerals which are sometimes difficult to find.
    Billie trips balls

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I don't eat nuts, I eat a lot of bananas and drink raw milk. I want to cut the bananas, however I need to find a high calorie replacement and bananas have some minerals which are sometimes difficult to find.
    Potassium, magnesium, manganese?

How about avocado?

Per 100 g:
    Potassium: avocado 485 mg - banana 358 mg.
    Magnesium: avocado 29 mg - banana 27 mg.
    Manganese: avocado 0.1 mg - banana 0.3 mg.
    Kcal: avocado 160 - banana 89
    Sugar: avocado 1 g - banana 11 g

A: Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Avocados, raw, all commercial varieties
    B: Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Bananas, raw

Also if you're looking for something special I recommend this link:
    http://www.fineli.fi/topfoods.php?lang=en

It's a food composition databank maintained by our National Institute for Health and Welfare. Some products are very local and specific, but it has all the basics and you can search for foods by specifying the most/least of various macro- and micronutrients.
    Last edited by Yenni; 02-23-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Link addition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12