Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Do You Struggle With? page 3

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I also struggle with sleep and stress. For me, coffee is necessary when I don't have enough sleep, and chocolate is a binge food when I am stressed out. Both those foods are the only vices in my diet, and chronic lack of sleep and high stress situations are not Primal. If only I could stop liking video games and let go of some things in my life already...

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I came to primal because I've had enough of being FAT and unhealthy. I have my farm and I talk about eat what you grow, etc, but I wasn't living it. So, after I figured out I was gluten intolerant, I went searching for a new alternative. I have been primal for now, 22 days. I am enjoying the lifestyle. I still have cravings, some of them very powerful, but they are subsiding. Weight loss isn't as fast as I thought it would be, but I have made the determination that I don't care if it takes two years to take off this 100 pounds. It's going to have to come off because I am no longer eating in a way to support it. So there, take that fat cells.

I struggle with living with my junk freak parents. Mostly my mother. Yesterday, for example all she ate was a bowl of sherbert and a bowl of regular ice cream. Today, she asked me to bring home cream horns from my bakery job. Honestly? I lied. I told her we didn't have them. I don't want to be an enabler.

I am struggling with fixing, literally, my entire life of bad, bad eating. I was raised that way. It is etched into my very being, and, with primal, I am attempting to fill those etch marks.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My husband was having gut issues, and his naturopath told him to go gluten and dairy free. I started to do some research on how to make the whole family gluten free (for ease). I found paleo, and out of that primal (which seemed most accessible), and that was that.

Holidays -- I love a good treat, and most of the year, we hardly have any! But, during summer/christmas (which is the same time of year here), I have a tendency to be like "oh, an ice cream won't hurt." And it won't -- when it's once a month or so. But when it's once a week, and the piece of cake is once a week, then . . . yeah. Even if it's "good ingredients" and GF (and dairy free for DH). The sugar and extra calories are unnecessary!

Loobyloo is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm starting Primal in the hope of ridding myself or persistent fatigue, barely being able to scrape myself out of bed in the morning, literally falling asleep at my desk after lunch...and also anxiety, poor sleep, tinnitus, exercise intolerance, aches and pains, stuffy nose, cold body temperature, and low mood.

I am only on day four but already struggling with how to explain my new 'diet' to people, and how to incorporate protein at every meal. Breakfast and lunch are difficult during the working week. Also worried about LOSING weight...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123