Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Struggle With? page 2

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I originally found it when looking at another weight loss method, as I had lost around 20 kg after my second son was born, with at least that much to go, following various diets, low fat of course, but bingeing a lot in between so losses were slow. I was doing a lot of gym classes, and running, sometimes 2 classes a day. Weight would go down a little then stall for a while. Once I went primal I felt amazing. I still think I overate though, as my weight actually went up a little, but I was also doing CF, and my body went down in measurements all over. I didn't realise how crap I felt until I changed to primal, my fog lifted and I just felt so good. Still binged occasionally but much less often. But everything fell apart 6 months of doing this (not because of primal), so 6 months of non stop bingeing gained me 20 kg approx. Did no exercise during this time either.
    Came back to primal Oct 2012, but again think I still was eating too much as my weight didn't change, but Jan 2013 start HFLC, and actually counted for a bit, to make sure I wasn't eating too much. Started feeling so energetic, and really good. And then the weight started moving down again. I got impatient for a bit there, as I thought it wasn't fast enough, but its moving so I am happy. Am following a more relaxed approach, just eating when I need to and not drinking BP coffees anymore. Scales are still moving down. And I feel great.
    I now no longer binge, I am truly grateful for that, and I think its because of HFLC.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I had given up on weightloss after a bazillion rounds of calorie restriction/low fat and chronic cardio. I knew my body could not keep up with my work outs that were required to maintain a moderate level of obesity. And I just would cycle starving with sugar binges, with this backdrop of hard workouts. And my weight was stuck between 200 and 210. If I cut back on exercise, the weight packed on quickly.So much work to be a size 16 was depressing.

So I was like what the hell, I'm fat, whats the worst that can happen? I tried primal. Works great. Less exercise, more food.

Now I struggle with "social eating". I easily stay primal in my home, and with the exception of occasional sugar cravings, I'm 100%satisfied with the food I eat. Sometimes I have a sweet, sometimes I don't. But when I go out, I tend to not make the best decisions. My other struggle is the excess skin. That depresses me to think about that I might need surgery.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

TinaJefferson is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to get a grip on my eating disorder.

I've been primal for over a year, and was doing really well. But the past 2-3 months have been hell. I'm just trying to get back to where I was 5 months ago, mentally and physically.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    My other struggle is the excess skin. That depresses me to think about that I might need surgery.
    What kind of exercise do you do? Maybe the type will help with that.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    What kind of exercise do you do? Maybe the type will help with that.
    I do a HIIT interval class similar to cross fit. Unfortunatley, my skin is just so non-elastic in certain areas and not showing signs of snapping back, particularly my arms. I think my legs and torso may firm up- tht skin seems to be slowly catching up. My arms.... I have great biceps, then a sheet of flab that hangs under them.

The only positive news I have read is one guy who says that skin will tighten when there is no fat and that the droop is still excess fat. I do have more to lose, so I am hoping he is right.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I struggle with money. Too much of my food is still canned fish, boxed coconut milk and the like. I'd love to eat everything totally fresh, grind my own coconuts (lol), and be rich enough to afford real seafood.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Nanci is offline Member
    I struggle with money too. Probably not like some people do, but my elderly truck and my cancer dog are causing a lot of debt. I'm thankful that Trader Joe's opened up in my town. If I had unlimited funds, I'm sure I could eat a very PB, very healthy, very delicious diet. The thing that always gets me is, I make it through the day, eat quite healthily, then after dinner- I crave something crunchy. Luckily I have discovered Trader Joe's dried nori, and they have those wonderful coconut flakes- I can usually kill off my need for crunch with either of those.

canio6 Guest
    I mainly struggle with sleep and stress. It always cracks me up when I read on here that, "OMG I only slept 7 hours last night. I am sooooo tired." Please, if I get 4 hours I call it a f*cking blessing, 5 is fantastic, and 6 is like winning the sleep lottery. As for stress, well, I constantly want to punch someone in the throat. Of course, I consider that an external issue because if people were smarter/less annoying this would not happen. So basically, I need to stop working with 'the public'

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I sruggle with sleep too, though it is getting better slowly (chicken pox and teething at the same time a temporary set back) and the older one sleeps like an angle, so only 3 years to go and they will both sleep and so can me and the Mrs.

The punching the the throat is a normal healthy reaction to dealing with the public, the public are f***ing ejets and need punching, you would be doing them a service
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I do a HIIT interval class similar to cross fit. Unfortunatley, my skin is just so non-elastic in certain areas and not showing signs of snapping back, particularly my arms. I think my legs and torso may firm up- tht skin seems to be slowly catching up. My arms.... I have great biceps, then a sheet of flab that hangs under them.

The only positive news I have read is one guy who says that skin will tighten when there is no fat and that the droop is still excess fat. I do have more to lose, so I am hoping he is right.
    Aw, I hope that is the case too. Sounds sucky to have to go through surgery to get rid of excess skin :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast