Thread: Giving it another go...

Threaded View

Giving it another go...

About two years ago, I happened across The Primal Blueprint and did a pretty good job of following these guidelines for about 5 months. I loved it then and love it now but The Eat More Fat mantra did not work well for me; my gallbladder balked and I was nauseated A LOT. I went too low on the carbs (I think) which stressed out my adrenal glands causing debilitating orthostatic hypotension; actually I think I had underlying adrenal exhaustion that I had been masking with excessive carbs and caffeine. Then I had a surprise pregnancy (probably wouldn't have even gotten pregnant if not for the great eating habits--thought I was infertile) that ended in miscarriage. The miscarriage was what finally derailed me; I was sad, felt really sick to my stomach and repulsed by vegetables and gave up. Nonetheless, I still believed it to be a great program if I could get it to work for me. I have meandered my way back and am trying to moderate my fats and also eat a little more carbs. So far, the carb flu has been almost non-existent and I've almost undone the damage of Christmas season in less than two weeks, so yea!

I'm 47, recently took up kayaking, and really excited to be back. I hope to turn 50 in the best shape of my life; having the fitness and energy to live life to the fullest. I don't weigh myself but am "hoarding energy", about 20 or 30 extra lbs worth and would like to see that go.

Anyway, if you've made it this far, thanks for reading!
    Last edited by TornadoGirl; 02-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl