Thread: Comfortable in My Own Skin page

TrevorSorensen is offline Junior Member

Talking Comfortable in My Own Skin

Primal Fuel
    Hey everybody!

My name is Trevor and I am a student in a small town in Nebraska, and the Primal lifestyle has changed my life. I was a skinny child for the first few years of my life, but in the first grade I began to add weight. This addition didn't stop until I was a junior in high school (now senior) and I had reached 231 pounds and 32% bodyfat. My parents finally convinced me to consider working out, and they set up an appointment with a personal trainer. He was a great motivation for me, and I still work with him to this day, but I realized that I needed to also change my nutrition to see a full transformation. A family friend, who is also a licensed chiropractor, talked to me about the Primal lifestyle and convinced me to read the Primal Blueprint. I finished the book in about four hours, and I immediately knew what I needed to do. I changed my eating habits and I began to see the results. After staying 88% Primal since that realization (I am a high schooler who likes taco runs), I have dropped my body fat to 14% and I feel better than I ever have! I am no longer out of breath walking up the stairs, and I no longer was jittery.

My goals when I first started were typical of a teen male: get a prom date and have a six pack by graduation the next year. Although the confidence I have gained makes me not worry as much about either, the first one is already achieved, and the second is close. I realize these "pointless" goals have convinced me to work harder than I was willing to before. I am happy to be in my own skin, and I hope others have the same experience I have.
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu

Nutrition, Wellness, and Lifestyle Blog http://trevorsorensen.weebly.com

stevie is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for sharing. I love reading success stories as I am just starting out and it motivates me to stay the course. Congratulations!

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! I wish I'd found this way of eating 10 years ago when I was in high school so I could have been fitter throughout college! You're doing great. Keep it up!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!