Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG Black Garlic is AWESOME! page

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

OMG Black Garlic is AWESOME!

Shop Now
    Just opened a package thinking I'd sample a clove or two before using it as an ingredient. 10 minutes later I've polished off 2 heads of garlic straight up. This stuff is gooooooooood!

BTW did get around to pairing it with some sharp cheddar cheese.... heaven
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-20-2013 at 04:44 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    NH I had never heard of black garlic - so googled it
    which one do you mean ???

Black garlic is a type of fermented garlic used as a food ingredient in Asian cuisine. It is made by fermenting whole bulbs of garlic at high temperature, a process that results in black cloves. The taste is sweet and syrupy with hints of balsamic vinegar[1] or even tamarind.[2] Black garlic's popularity has spread to the United States as it has become a sought-after ingredient used in high-end cuisine. It is unrelated to a genetically unique six-clove garlic also called black garlic and used in countries such as Korea, or with the ornamental plant
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    Nom Nom Nom... I love black garlic! Add it any type of dip that you might make and add regular roaster garlic to!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    NH I had never heard of black garlic - so googled it
    which one do you mean ???

Black garlic is a type of fermented garlic used as a food ingredient in Asian cuisine. It is made by fermenting whole bulbs of garlic at high temperature, a process that results in black cloves. The taste is sweet and syrupy with hints of balsamic vinegar[1] or even tamarind.[2] Black garlic's popularity has spread to the United States as it has become a sought-after ingredient used in high-end cuisine. It is unrelated to a genetically unique six-clove garlic also called black garlic and used in countries such as Korea, or with the ornamental plant
    Its the fermented variety. Very tasty! I think that definition of the taste just about nails it. Kinda like molasses, balsamic, smokey, and garlic (albeit mild) all in one. The consistency is a spreadable sort of softness. Kinda like candied roasted garlic.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-20-2013 at 05:01 PM.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Oh lourd sounds delish

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Its the fermented variety. Very tasty! I think that definition of the taste just about nails it. Kinda like molasses, balsamic, smokey, and garlic (albeit mild) all in one. The consistency is a spreadable sort of softness. Kinda like candied roasted garlic.
    Gwamma might have to try some - hell I might as well look for a recipe !!!!!! Thanx
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Neckhammer, Where did you buy it from? I've looked for it in my local grocery stores but they don't carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Neckhammer, Where did you buy it from? I've looked for it in my local grocery stores but they don't carry it.
    I got it at Earth Fare. New supermarket that opened up near me. I have never seen it elsewhere. I never looked for it at Whole Foods though.

Zelli88 is offline Senior Member
    I got it at Earth Fare. New supermarket that opened up near me. I have never seen it elsewhere. I never looked for it at Whole Foods though.
    I used to work at Earth Fare! That's where I first saw it, too. Never tried it though. Where do you live?

Timthetaco Guest
    Kinda like molasses, balsamic, smokey, and garlic (albeit mild) all in one ... Kinda like candied roasted garlic.
    So it doesn't burn your tongue off like regular garlic?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast