Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Parents getting "worried" about my eating habits... page 4

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Just show them your lab numbers.
    This is where I am right now with my parents. I'm 27, so it's not that important for me to get my parents' "okay" when I do things, but my parents still think that I'm being naive about eating eggs and bacon instead of low-fat yogurt with granola. But, I just got a blood panel done and my cholesterol is the best it's been in my life, so my parents are slowly accepting this whole Primal thing.

The hypocritical part is that my dad did Atkins for years... yet he's suspicious of Primal...
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Bloodorchid, I got LOTS of practice 20 odd years ago
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

'YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME I HATE MY LIFE WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME LIKE THIS I HATE YOU WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE AND LET ME DO WHAT I WANT I'M NOT A LITTLE BABY I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF *long screech then door slam*'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    "I DIDN'T ASK TO BE BORN"

Oh and "FINE I'LL NEVER EAT AGAIN THEN YOU'LL BE SORRY WHEN I'M DEAD
    You two are bastards. Absolute bastards. Absolutely hilarious bastards.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you can't say that wouldn't have been the best reaction to her parents nagging though
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you can't say that wouldn't have been the best reaction to her parents nagging though
    If you want to get really dirty and mean, then you pull the eating disorder card (if that really is her in her pic then she is pretty toned and at the lower end of normal range for bodyfat) AKA

"GOD YOUR RIGHT I'M SOOOOOO FAT, I HATE MYSELF, OH GOD HELP ME TO LOSE 20LBS" then IF untill your parents are in bed, eat all your food and hide the evidence before morning and claim not to be eating as they "WELL YOU SAID I WAS FAT, MAKE YOUR MIND UP, I HATE YOU, GOD I'M SUCH A BLIMP" then break down in tears

Now that's being a bitch
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    If you want to get really dirty and mean, then you pull the eating disorder card (if that really is her in her pic then she is pretty toned and at the lower end of normal range for bodyfat) AKA

"GOD YOUR RIGHT I'M SOOOOOO FAT, I HATE MYSELF, OH GOD HELP ME TO LOSE 20LBS" then IF untill your parents are in bed, eat all your food and hide the evidence before morning and claim not to be eating as they "WELL YOU SAID I WAS FAT, MAKE YOUR MIND UP, I HATE YOU, GOD I'M SUCH A BLIMP" then break down in tears

Now that's being a bitch
    I laughed out loud. genius

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    I'm a college student, so when I'm away at school, I have complete control over what I buy and eat. So I happily chow down on my eggs, grass-fed beef, avocados, and veggies cooked with bacon. I feel better (and leaner) than ever before.

Every time I go home, though, my parents watch me warily. They're on my back constantly about the number of eggs I'm eating (2 daily) and how my cholesterol is going to be through the roof. They're convinced I'll have a heart attack any day now.

How do you guys deal with CW people? I've tried telling them about the Primal Blueprint, but they're both in pretty good shape (my mom walks a lot and my dad just has great genes) so they see no reason to rethink what they're doing. I'm happy that they're happy, but I don't want them to worry about me so much.
    You can't stop them worrying about you so much, they're your parents. Also, they don't want to hear about nutrition from you, unless that is actually what you are studying. Sorry about the nagging though. Learning to live with it will be character building for you (I'm still practising with my own parents).

I watch what my girls eat too, and am always trying to feed them primal. I know they go out for doughnuts etc but I feed them my way at home. Your mother will want to feed you her way at home too. It's an expression of love. All you can do is be as gracious as possible, eat as much of it as you can and, as suggested above, top up when you're out of the house. Good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234