Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A1 Casin depends upon the Breed page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    no one on this site knows what the F you are talking about. If you want to have an intelligent conversation you need jackkruse.com
    You can not go by bred alone in the US. You have to do genetic testing in the US but you might be able to go by bred in other countries as in Kery Gold butter from Ireland.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    no one on this site knows what the F you are talking about. If you want to have an intelligent conversation you need jackkruse.com
    You can not go by bred alone in the US. You have to do genetic testing in the US but you might be able to go by bred in other countries as in Kery Gold butter from Ireland.
    I know what she is talking about and you are being rude.

Pssst. Dr. K doesn't walk on water.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I only buy A2 milk. Raw.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    Yes, last time I looked -- some months ago -- Jack Kruse was evidently in agree with Prof. Keith Woodford. FWIW, I think Woodford is probably right. He's got some interesting data which while it may not be conclusive is certainly suggestive.

If memory serves there's an old interview with Sean Croxton that's pretty interesting -- this, perhaps:

Devil in the Milk | Underground Wellness

There is, as I say, suggestive stuff there -- analysis of the urine of autistic children, some pretty telling rat experiments (not that we shouldn't be cautious of what people do with rodents) and so on ...

Jack is a maverick but a very smart guy: I expect he has looked through Woodford's published papers, seen what's relevant in them, consulted his judgment and found them persuasive.

I think the Paleo position -- Prof. Cordain's -- in ruling out all dairy products may go too far. I think Cordain may be ruling dairy out merely on the basis that it wasn't available to societies in the Upper Palaeolithic ... and then looking for scientific reasons to justify its exclusion ex post facto.

Cordain's rhetoric on this can get a trifle tiresome. Sure, you can't catch a wild animal and milk it, but you sure can kill a suckling animal and eat its stomach contents (i.e. curds) -- and we know from the records that North American Indians did this. And doubtless other hunting peoples did similarly. I guess it wouldn't occur to a professor in a modern industrialized society to think of an animal's stomach contents as something to be eaten, but hunting peoples thought and acted in a different way.

Cordain has a bundle of interesting objections to mlik and milk products in his latest book (The Paleo Answer), but whether this scattergun blast of disparate and diverse suggestions really gets at why dairy products really are problematic for some people is a different matter.

In short, Woodford deserves a hearing.

You're wrong about Kerrygold butter. If you look at their website, you'll see they have a photo of Friesian cows on it:

http://kerrygoldusa.com

... and here's the direct link to the image of the cows:

http://kerrygoldusa.com/images/kerry...me-slide01.jpg

Friesans are at least 50/50 A1:A2.

However, there aren't many milk solids left in butter, so perhaps it's not an enormous issue except for those who are sensitive.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    "The whole A2 versus A1 milk issue was a fabrication by New Zealand farmers who wanted to sell more milk fro their A2 producing cows. Anyone with basic chemistry and biochemistry knowledge can cut through the arguments that were provided by the A2 side. The original studies were in vitro and did not use the full spectrum of enzymes that human beings possess for digestion. Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV and Prolyl Endopeptidase have the ability to shred BCM7 to pieces. For more information see: (a) Teschemaker, H.; Umbach, M.; Hamel, U.; Praetorius, K.; Ahert-Hilder, G.; Brantl, V.; Lottspeich, F.; Henschen, A. J. No Evidence for the Presence of b-Casomorphins in Human Plasma After Ingestion of Cow’s Milk or Milk Products. Dairy Res. 1986, 53, 135–138. (b) Hill, J. P.; Crawford, R. A.; Boland, M. J. Milk and Consumer Health: A Review of the Evidence for a Relationship Between the Consumption of Beta Casein A1 with Heart Disease and Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus. Proc. NZ Soc. Animal Production 2002, 62, 111–114. (c) Truswell, A. S. The A2 Milk Case: A Critical Review. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2005, 59, 623–631. (d) Chin-Dusting, J.; Shennan, J.; Jones, E.; Williams, C.; Kingwell, B.; Dart, A. Effect of Dietary Supplementation with b-Casein A1 or A2 on Markers of Disease Development in Individuals at High Risk of Cardiovascular Disease. British Journal of Nutrition. 2006, 95, 136–144.................The effects of BMC7 are only manifested when the molecule is injected into human beings or lab animals. They do not manifest when the molecule is ingested. BMC7 is not detected in the guts of human beings when A1 milk is ingested. That is because of what I've mentioned earlier. The in vitro tests originally used to detect and isolate BMC7 did not have the full spectrum of human digestive enzymes. Human beings are fully capable of digesting BMC7. It is true that BMC7 is problematic when isolated from incomplete in vitro digestion and injected into human beings. However, there are no detrimental effects noted when A1 milk or BMC7 is ingested because human beings digest BMC7."

Here is something funny from Ray Peat:

"No. I think the only thing I have said relating to that referred to the people who claim that milk is related to autism, schizophrenia, and SIDS: "They are definitely a bunch of milk intolerant people, and they seem a little psychotic, so I see a connection," but the connection had to do with the mental health of the propagandists, not the effects of casein."
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-13-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    I do drink a lot of milk. Basically all I drink other than tea. I wonder how I can tell what kind of cow's it is from?

M.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't matter, especially since(I assume) you're not noticing anything from the milk you are drinking.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

geckotreefrog is offline Member
    @ Paleobird, Well said. I'm trying to give Greg Rx some benefit of the doubt, but his rudeness is an ill fated approach if he wants people to listen. Just received a dose of it in his (Well meaning)? post to me about statins.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Great replies, Thanks. I tried some N-1 tests in the past, hoping that my milk intolerance was limited to A1 only. What I found for A2 was surely not 100% A2. Whatever it was, I was intolerant to it also. But I still find it an interesting subject.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast