Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Might Coffee be good for you. page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Might Coffee be good for you.

Read this for an interesting possibility
    Why is Coffee Good For You? Here Are 7 Reasons

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    No might about it, coffee is good for you.
    nihil

FiveX is offline Member
    Ahhh, good news and it's Friday too!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Yep, coffee is well documented to be healthy for most people, but as always there are certain exceptions...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    And it tastes awesome! I like a nice dark roast organic, ground for my stove top espresso pot. One mug of that in the AM jump starts everything. It's like starting the day with a little gift.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    Back in Medical School in 1977 (ahem) an article came out showing a statistical association between coffee drinking and pancreatic cancer of all things. Since most of my fellow docs drink coffee, this caused an immediate uproar and it did not take long to discredit the study. At that time I did not drink the stuff so I had no dog in the hunt. Have not seen anything since that indicts coffee as bad for you.

2_N_Jenn is offline Junior Member
    I find coffee makes me hungry. Does this mean I should stop or quit drinking cream in it?

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    There is plenty of research out there suggesting coffee may not be so great. No one ever talks about the 200 something acids in it that inhibit absorption of certain nutrients or that it is directly tied to depression in some. Im not saying it cant be healthy but this particular issue is the most hypocritical thing i find about this community...the research you read saying its great for you is the same crap that says grains are too. Once again im not saying it is or isnt, but to come out and say its without a doubt healthy is a fallacy. I know several people who claim quitting caffeine cured them of their depression and they were only having 2 cups of coffee a day.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by codered5 View Post
    There is plenty of research out there suggesting coffee may not be so great. No one ever talks about the 200 something acids in it that inhibit absorption of certain nutrients or that it is directly tied to depression in some. Im not saying it cant be healthy but this particular issue is the most hypocritical thing i find about this community...the research you read saying its great for you is the same crap that says grains are too. Once again im not saying it is or isnt, but to come out and say its without a doubt healthy is a fallacy. I know several people who claim quitting caffeine cured them of their depression and they were only having 2 cups of coffee a day.
    I couldn't agree with you more. But people get very defensive about their addictions.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Actually now that im thinking about it, caffeine is a natural pesticide and lethal to many animals even in relatively small doses..could be similar to defense mechanisms of grains. I sure know grok wasnt chillin at his local starbucks every morning

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast