Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Might Coffee be good for you. page 6

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sooo, is decaf any improvement or make any difference?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I can't drink either regular or decaf.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    You will not get to any paleo heaven by drinking stuff like that! The only persons that I know drinking decaf are middle aged woman with bad nerves...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Oh, my beautiful amazonian princess, then why do you always seem so frumpy? There is a whole other world out there you're not discovering. I can show you what your mind isn't allowing you to see.
    BTDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenview View Post
    So according to my n=1, it is a stimulant. Again, n=1, coffee is an inflammatory.
    I advise my friends not to drink it, and to try chicory tea, even as I imbibe bulletproof espresso once a week on Sundays. I'm an addict, but I forgive myself. (hmm, sounds like a true addict.)
    Try this stuff. Teeccino Caffeine-Free Herbal Coffee They have a grain free blend that might work for you. Seriously good tasting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Even decaf has some caffeine. That is not a big deal if you are only having one cup. I tend to drink a whole pot so it's still to much for me.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Dude, she climbs mountains with a dead yak strapped to her back and a sherpa riding her shoulders. She gets high off life, bro. And meat, high off life and meat.
    Life, meat, and sex. Not necessarily in that order.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Life, meat, and sex. Not necessarily in that order.
    Sounds depressing
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if the tag team of DerpaZach know, but Paleobird is both a cancer survivor and epileptic. If she seems a bit strict on the health end of things, well, perhaps she's chosen life rather than brain numbing alcohol or artificial buzzes like coffee. And she's actually pretty interesting if you can ever see past the ends of your collective ... arms.

Cryptocode, when I was dealing with high blood pressure, I read that decaf doesn't make much difference for that. There are a couple of ways coffee is decaffed. One type is chemical and another is water based. If you wanted to have decaf around for the occasional evening cup or as replacement to full caffeine, there are some decent organic brands that use the water method. It changes the flavor a bit. The same brand, the same roast, the same blend, but decaf sort of tastes like it's lost its edge. Like if you left a shot of tequila sitting out for a couple of hours - you know how it gets a bit flat? That's the best analogy I could think of. It's not terrible, but it doesn't have that oomph.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Not sure if the tag team of DerpaZach know, but Paleobird is both a cancer survivor and epileptic. If she seems a bit strict on the health end of things, well, perhaps she's chosen life rather than brain numbing alcohol or artificial buzzes like coffee. And she's actually pretty interesting if you can ever see past the ends of your collective ... arms.
    Artificial buzzes like coffee??? What can be more natural than the buzzes that you get from a nice cup of Java Mocca I must ask?

I suppose that being permanent high on ephinephrine and noradrenaline when being in ketosis must be a more political correct and "natural" buzz then?
    Last edited by Gorbag; 03-23-2013 at 08:28 PM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Point taken, Gorbag. I'm a coffee lover myself. More properly, coffee is a buzz derived from an outside source. Caffeine, nicotine, methadrine, benzedrine - all outside sources, some natural, some not. I should have been more precise in my wording.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Caffeine is not the only potentially unhealthy factor in coffee. I am fine with other caffeine delivery systems, but I can drink neither regular coffee nor decaf without getting major digestive inflammation.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast