Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Might Coffee be good for you. page 5

Chanda is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    you're such a prude. do you have any fun ever?
    I thought it was kind of a funny statement. In a cynical kind of way.

Paleobird Guest
    I have lots of fun. I just don't find ingesting poisonous substances to be fun. To each his/her own.

hajj913 is offline Junior Member
    I would like a vintage coffee table for my new living room. It would be great if it had rounded edges and nice details... but anything is better than nothing. Also, not too expensive!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The spambots are getting better! Keyword: coffee. Whole cohesive thought on coffee tables. Cracks me up.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Almost everyone I have ever know that has died consumed coffee at some point. Therefore, coffee is related to the deaths of many people.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Mortality is 100%.

Zach is offline Banned
    Dude, she climbs mountains with a dead yak strapped to her back and a sherpa riding her shoulders. She gets high off life, bro. And meat, high off life and meat.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I have lots of fun. I just don't find ingesting poisonous substances to be fun. To each his/her own.
    Oh, my beautiful amazonian princess, then why do you always seem so frumpy? There is a whole other world out there you're not discovering. I can show you what your mind isn't allowing you to see.
    nihil

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Dude, she climbs mountains with a dead yak strapped to her back and a sherpa riding her shoulders. She gets high off life, bro. And meat, high off life and meat.
    The funniest version of straight edge I've ever read. "Want to drink?" "No thanks, I'm having a slab of lamb." "Want to go out for coffee some time?" "No, I don't ingest poison, I have my poor adrenals to think about."
    nihil

Glenview is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I adore coffee! I mean I really LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEE (pronounced LuvvV-ah) coffee. I own two french presses, a moka pot, and I had my own coffee shop in the past. I have dark chocolate covered coffee beans in the refrigerator 15 feet from my desk at work that are calling my name as I write.

And in January I quit drinking it. Only in the last two weeks have I ingested any. The first time I had a single espresso with half and half, and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest! I used to drink up to 8 shots in any given day. So according to my n=1, it is a stimulant. I also immediately (within 24 hours) had a certain amount of pain flare up. Again, n=1, coffee is an inflammatory. Pain hurts! I don't like it. And those coffee beans continue to sit there, at 10 calories a pop, and 1 gram of carbs per bean, I am not even touching them even though it is tax season and I am working 7 days a week.

I confess I do put a 1/4 cup of espresso in my primal chocolate pudding (a cross between fat bombs and chocolate ganache), and as April 15th draws closer, I may choose to use those beans to get me by on a late night. But never would I say that coffee is 100% good for me, and I don't believe it is 100% bad for me. And me is the only one I am dealing with, so I have to go by what is obvious in the universe concerning me. I advise my friends not to drink it, and to try chicory tea, even as I imbibe bulletproof espresso once a week on Sundays. I'm an addict, but I forgive myself. (hmm, sounds like a true addict.)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast