Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 8

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I made those for a second time over the weekend. Just used bananas, eggs and cinnamon. Fried them in extra virgin coconut oil this time. Came out great!! Will definitely try the sweet potato version as well.

My only gripe, I need to clean up my cook top and stuff. LOL

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    I just want to say thank you to everyone for this thread. My father has Alzheimer's but he's been wheat-free since Dec last year and it made a noticeable difference to his cognitive ability. Today was his 93rd birthday and because of this thread, he got a cake!!

DSCF8781.jpg

Yes, that's a stack of banana and egg pancakes, fried in coconut oil and layered and topped with clotted cream!

DSCF8787 med.jpg

He had no idea there was anything strange about it and he just enjoyed the treat. I suspect it was a bit heavy going as he didn't finish the whole piece, but it was a special occasion and I just wanted to be able to do the Birthday cake thing. Which we did, so thank you so much for sharing this recipe.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I finally made these this past weekend - one medium banana and two eggs. So delicious! They were sponger than a traditional pancake, but held together much better than any other primal/paleo pancake I've tried. And they were so delicious! They were pretty sweet as is. I didn't even want anything on top.

I'm thinking of making them a little thinner next time (maybe a dash of heavy cream?) and rolling up a few chocolate chips inside for DD, who is seriously missing her Nutella.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

annierobic is offline Member
    Not a fan of banana...especially overripe. I grated an apple, cooked it until mushy in butter. Mixed it up with 2 beaten eggs and cinnamon. I made one big pancake, cooked it until it was set. Turned it by sliding it off onto a plate, then flipping the plate over the frying pan. You could also make it in an oven proof skillet. Cook the pancake until the bottom was set, then finish it in the oven. You could even probably go one step more and separate the eggs. Beat the whites until stiff, fold in the yolks and fruit to make it fluffier.
    Last edited by annierobic; 04-09-2013 at 07:23 PM.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annierobic View Post
    Not a fan of banana...especially overripe. I grated an apple, cooked it until mushy in butter. Mixed it up with 2 beaten eggs and cinnamon. I made one big pancake, cooked it until it was set. Turned it by sliding it off onto a plate, then flipping the plate over the frying pan. You could also make it in an oven proof skillet. Cook the pancake until the bottom was set, then finish it in the oven. You could even probably go one step more and separate the eggs. Beat the whites until stiff, fold in the yolks and fruit to make it fluffier.
    That sounds glorious

miata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I like to put almond butter and real butter on them when they're done. I found the almond butter in the batter makes them harder to flip. It's always possible that I'm doing it wrong though.
    I did the same thing , and they were excellent. I also added just a bit of coconut flour to the batter.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    I made these yesterday for breakfast - outstanding! They held together well, and tasted delicious! I drizzled a little bit of honey on mine as I didn't have any maple syrup. My 2 year old son loved them (his was plain though).
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

yaut is offline Junior Member
    I love these too! I've solved the flipping them over issue by sticking the pan under the grill for a minute or so, just to set the tops of the pancakes and then finish frying them as normal.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    if youre looking for a low carb option to these cakes of pan, canned pumpkin works like a charm!

low cal too. by my calculations about 90 cals for this plate of goodness.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    This is probably a repeat, but I don't recall seeing it here.

I employed a 1:1 ratio of banana to egg for these. Depending on your appetite, one banana and one egg would be sufficient for one person.

Grab bananas, mash in a bowl. I didn't care to mash them too fine, bananas are soft enough so the pancake doesn't feel at all clumpy.
    Whisk eggs in separate bowl, no need to get too crazy with this, just make it uniform.
    Throw some vanilla extract on that shit, maybe some cinnamon too, don't let the "two ingredient" name limit your creativity.
    add some fruits if you want, don't be scared. Chocolate chips if you're silly enough to consider that "cheating."

Cook in some coconut oil or butter - about a minute on each side, medium heat - play with it.
    OK - when do you mix the nanner and egg together? and for how long do you mix them together?

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast