Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 7

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I tried this, and finally got them right... for me the key is using enough oil and letting them set firmly, as other people mentioned. Then they honestly look like a pancake. A tiny drizzle of maple syrup and omnomnom.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    I just went with the straight down the line banana and egg, spiced a little with cinnamon first, then, no spicing for a Galette de Saracen!

... fried egg in the middle and some protein: chicken liver pate, in my case.
    Everything in this thread, and this photo in particular, is simply wonderful. Thank you all, excuse me while I go make this delicious sounding miracle.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    just did this with sweet potato + egg. works even better!

I did 1 egg and 80g cooked sweet potato!

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    eKatherine - i just came here to post that i toss in some cocoa powder and make "banana chocolate scrambled eggs." This keeps it sugar free. It works for me, but may not be for everyone.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for this. I just made these for my daughter for a Friday treat (I am feeling terribly sorry for her because she takes after me in everything and now it seems that includes my wheat allergy andshe has agreed to come off wheat completely for a while after lots of constipation) and she was thrilled. I used two large eggs to one medium banana because I wanted think pacakes for folding. Presumably if I wanted to make thick fluffy pancakes for stacking I could just reduce the eggs? I made a chocolate sauce with dark choc (70%) melted and full-fat creme fraiche stirred in. Happy little pigling :-)

Those of you who add almond flour? Is it much finer than ground almonds? If I didn't have almond flour would ground almonds do the same job?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freerangepiglings View Post

Those of you who add almond flour? Is it much finer than ground almonds? If I didn't have almond flour would ground almonds do the same job?
    I added ground almonds. Worked a treat
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freerangepiglings View Post

you could aslo just add almond or other nut butter.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    you could aslo just add almond or other nut butter.
    I like to put almond butter and real butter on them when they're done. I found the almond butter in the batter makes them harder to flip. It's always possible that I'm doing it wrong though.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    just did this with sweet potato + egg. works even better!

I did 1 egg and 80g cooked sweet potato!
    Any starchy root veggie will work well for this. Parsnip pancakes are delicious.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You can make banana bread with just banana and egg too.

If anyone has done it with plantains, could you post pictures please? I'm curious to see how they look.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast