Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 5

Nanci is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Not sure what that pan is, but I have a Green Pan and I love it! I can cook anything in it - never had a single sticking incident. Here's the link:

Home - Green Pan
    Thanks for setting me off on that tangent! Now I must have the San Francisco braiser...

Tashi is offline Junior Member
    Ive made something like this before. I added vanilla flavored protein powder

will adding a sweetener like splenda or liquid Stevia be ok? or is that non primal?

When i eat pancakes i think about syrup, not to be tempted, I want to add something to sweeten it up. bananas alone are not enough to fulfill my pancake sweetness needs.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I made these this morning for me and my mum She had hers sweet with honey and jam, I had my savoury with (believe it or not) - salt! Yum.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I've been adding some gelatin, a dash of salt, and a few tablespoons of shredded coconut to mine. I find them plenty sweet, even if the banana is on the green side, and I top them with Kerrygold and/or a little bit of almond butter. But I consider these Faileo and I only eat them as a treat or a bulking food.

nsanechick is offline Junior Member
    I tried these a while back, they are really tasty! I mixed cinnamon in for a little more flavor. Quick and easy for breakfast leftovers. Wrapped mine around a piece of sausage for an On The Go bfast.

The only problem that I had is that they were really hard to flip! Took a few to get the hang of it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Made these again this morning - this time mixed with ground almonds. I didn't eat them but my mum said they were better this way

Also - had a brainwave for how to mush the bananas! Break into pieces, insert into garlic crusher. Voila!
    41VZZ2JV80L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Salixisme is offline Member
    I want pancakes now! But the kids ate all the bananas......

I am going to try making these for Sunday breakfast (grocery shopping day tomorrow - I will get more bananas!)
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

Kata is offline Senior Member
    I just had one of these with my post-workout meal. I didn't have vanilla extract so I mixed in some pumpkin pie spice, then I topped it with blueberries and a drizzle of raw honey. I feel bad for all the suckers out there eating traditional pancakes when these are SOOOO much tastier!

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Slightly similar: 2 eggs, 2/3rd cup of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, Stevia, and plenty of butter = pumpkin pie pancakes. I have them almost daily and they're amazing

beaubutterfly is offline Member
    oh wow

I don't want to have any sort of flour, but I love and ADORE pancakes, so I am SOOOO HAPPY that I found this! Thankyou!

Question : I am wanting to lose weight right now...so really sweet fruit is out for me? Can peoples tell me the amount of fruit you eat in a day? Esp those that are wanting to lose weight. (I was raw vegan for a while, and basically survived on fruit and salads!)

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast