Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 20

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    I have made them twice now with no problem, are you mashing the banana sufficiently? it turns into almost a liquid if you keep mashing. I put ghee in pan and cook on a medium temperature, cook until they look dryish on the top then turn.
    I guess I didn't smash them enough... there were still small pieces...

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    I use 1 banana and 2 eggs. The eggs will hold them together. You can also add a tbs of tapioca flour if you still have trouble keeping them whole.

Lspoor is offline Junior Member
    Thanks I might try that, mine (4 bananas, 3 large eggs, raisins, cinnamon) were breaking up too whatever I tried! (Butter, non stick frying pan etc), boyfriend laughed at them A LOT (but still ate them as they do taste good!). We renamed BOMLETTES as they did look more like banana omelettes in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by paleodutch View Post
    I use 1 banana and 2 eggs. The eggs will hold them together. You can also add a tbs of tapioca flour if you still have trouble keeping them whole.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Blender FTW.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    When I first tried to make these, I couldn't get them to flip properly because I'm too lazy to mash the bananas properly. I just gave up on pancakes, and now, I usually do 3 eggs to 1 banana, cook them, add in some full-fat yogurt and maybe some cinnamon, and then mix it all together. It's more of a "mush" than a pancake, but it tastes pretty good.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    I never solved the lack of pancake shape, but what I found worked was cooking them in a muffin tray.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    1 banana 2 eggs, or 2 banana 3 eggs has worked well for me
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Lettie is offline Member
    Just tried these for breakfast - very good! I made them 1:1, but might try a two bananas to three eggs ratio next time as my youngest child doesn't like bananas. Although, she ate most of what was on her plate! I'm so impressed. The diet was meant for me, but already my 'carnivorous' children (15 and 7) are starting to give the veggies and fruit a try.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I actually mash my banana a little less now, and the pancakes seem a bit fluffier than usual. I use 2 eggs, and big banana, and 1/8 tsp of baking powder. Makes 4 good pancakes, 2 each for the kids in the morning. I've made them so often that they turn out great every time, and the kids love 'em.

miss.mez is offline Junior Member
    I made this batter this morning using 1 egg and 1 banana, mixed it in my magimix blender and fried it in coconut oil in one thick pancake, used a plate to turn it and it stayed in one piece. Delish. I imagine some cinnamon would really set it off nicely. Thanks to OP

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast