Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 19

Primal Kas is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Made these today and they were great...added in some cinnamon and nutmeg. Most definitely will make these again.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

diverchick is offline Junior Member

Cool These things are EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    This is probably a repeat, but I don't recall seeing it here.

I employed a 1:1 ratio of banana to egg for these. Depending on your appetite, one banana and one egg would be sufficient for one person.

Grab bananas, mash in a bowl. I didn't care to mash them too fine, bananas are soft enough so the pancake doesn't feel at all clumpy.
    Whisk eggs in separate bowl, no need to get too crazy with this, just make it uniform.
    Throw some vanilla extract on that shit, maybe some cinnamon too, don't let the "two ingredient" name limit your creativity.
    add some fruits if you want, don't be scared. Chocolate chips if you're silly enough to consider that "cheating."

Cook in some coconut oil or butter - about a minute on each side, medium heat - play with it.

Eat up! I made some "plain" just banana/egg and they are INSANELY DELICIOUS. I'll say it outright, I don't give a hoot about bananas, but I'll be eating them like this a lot more now. I found that they didn't do anything weird to my stomach (bananas alone tend to make me go to the bathroom). I also made some with blueberries in the "batter" and those were insane as well.

For the LOW FAT HIGH CARB POST WORKOUT bros, maybe doing these without yolks would be a good thing to try. I'm def not going to bother, yolks are awesome. Report back if you do.

Up next, plantain and egg pancakes. FUCK.

I just made these the other night.....then again yesterday for breakfast.....effing delicious!! LOL Also great because I am Paleo/Primal but Hubby is not, so he still gets pancakes, and I can eat them too!! I throw in a pinch of cinnamon as well!

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I just tried these last night, haven't dared have eggs for months due to an allergy, wanted to test the allergy so decided this would be a tasty way to do it with just two ingredients. I loved them thank you, and...........I did ok.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

PaleoMum is offline Member
    Whoever invented this is a stone. Cold. Genius. The texture is incredible. My banana wasn't very ripe so there was a slightly unpleasant flavour but that would be counteracted by the other genius idea of serving it with pate. Now we need to get Mark to share this in one of his daily posts!

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMum View Post
    Whoever invented this is a stone. Cold. Genius.
    I agree. Recently, my niece had a house guest, a Celiac, and she served the pancakes to the utter joy of both.

kandc88 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMum View Post
    Whoever invented this is a stone. Cold. Genius. The texture is incredible. My banana wasn't very ripe so there was a slightly unpleasant flavour but that would be counteracted by the other genius idea of serving it with pate. Now we need to get Mark to share this in one of his daily posts!
    He more or less did...almost three years ago...just a bit of almond butter in his version.
    Almond Banana Pancakes | Mark's Daily Apple

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    okay, I tried the one banana, one egg thing (added vanilla) but once in the pan they just didn't seem to set. I couldn't flip them without braking... it was also a really thick mixture... they did taste okay but what am I doing wrong.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    okay, I tried the one banana, one egg thing (added vanilla) but once in the pan they just didn't seem to set. I couldn't flip them without braking... it was also a really thick mixture... they did taste okay but what am I doing wrong.
    I have made them twice now with no problem, are you mashing the banana sufficiently? it turns into almost a liquid if you keep mashing. I put ghee in pan and cook on a medium temperature, cook until they look dryish on the top then turn.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    I have made them twice now with no problem, are you mashing the banana sufficiently? it turns into almost a liquid if you keep mashing. I put ghee in pan and cook on a medium temperature, cook until they look dryish on the top then turn.
    I guess I didn't smash them enough... there were still small pieces...

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    I use 1 banana and 2 eggs. The eggs will hold them together. You can also add a tbs of tapioca flour if you still have trouble keeping them whole.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast