Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 18

piggy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I tried them with 2 eggs, 1 ripe banana, vanilla, baking soda and lots of butter.

FANTASTIC . .

they flipped well and baking soda gave them a nice consistency. I have come to use baking soda now to my bacon and eggs . .

Sent from my Nexus 4

Bronte84 is offline Junior Member
    I had these for breakfast this morning and quite enjoyed them. They were quick and filling which is what I need, especially when I have to leave for work very early

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Amusingly, if I call these pancakes my niece won't eat them. If I call them a banana egg omelette, she loves them. XD Kids.

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    A did marks version. Fantastic!

2 banana
    1 egg
    1 almond butter

I also added egg whites for added protein.

Fricken awesomeness

steven.kelly is offline Senior Member
    It's perfect! I have these about twice a week. I add frozen berries into the pancake after I pour it into the pan, I then top it with coconut cream after I serve it, delicious!

Castle is offline Senior Member
    These things surprised me. 2 eggs, 1 banana, 1/8tsp baking soda, cinnamon,. fried in buttah. I covered the skillet to let them set -- the first time I used just a tablespoon of batter for fear of them not holding together for flipping, but then I just poured in half of the batter. It made a regular-sized pancake and flipped perfectly.

Add a bit of peanut butter? Mmmm.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    I finally just ran out these other day. Same batch I talked about awhile back--ended up sticking them in the freezer because my husband wasn't interested and there were too many to eat immediately. Basically just pulled one out every once in awhile and microwaved it.

Think I'm gonna make another batch soon--it was kind of nice having those on hand. The only thing I think I'll do differently (other than make less because I ended up having to stand over the stove for like 2 hours last time, and that wasn't fun) is use the banannas before they turn brown--I wasn't crazy about that overripe-banana taste--but I think just having a banana taste would have been good. I also managed to overcook some on the outside, which also effected the flavor. They weren't bad, they just could have been better.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

GentlemanJosh is offline Junior Member
    If your mixture is too 'wet' to hold together or you're looking for more protein just add a scoop of whey protein. It acts incredibly well as a flour substitute in this dish.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Sorry it's in French but I do this:

La pte galettes de bl noir traditionnelle : Recette de La pte galettes de bl noir traditionnelle - Marmiton

No bananas, no sweetness, only buckwheat flour and water (and salt + one egg) but good meal when adding butter, cheese and ham.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I made it again. This time, I used 2 bananas and 2 eggs, which resulted in about 3 servings (2 of which are in the freezer, yay).

IMO, it is MUCH better with ripe bananas, as opposed to overripe bananas. I also added a bit of cinnamon to the batter. Turned out delicious. Definitely going to keep making this.

Only problem is that I was so concerned about overcooking them, that some of them ended up UNDERcooked. I actually kind of like it, tho--it's kind of creamy, almost like banana pudding or something, in the middle. Certainly not how a pancake is supposed to be, but I still kind of liked it.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast