Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 17

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    They ARE a pain to flip, tho, even when they're small--could be the spatula I was using, but I couldn't slide it very far underneath before it'd stick--figured out a method that involved lifting it up and quickly kind of flopping it over, but it wasn't 100% fool proof and a couple broke. My in-laws do have crappy cookware.
    It took me a little practice. After 3-4 minutes I'll tip the skillet in the air a bit to check if it's sliding on the coconut oil in one piece. If so I'll place the turner at the edge, tip at a slight angle, and kind of meet it halfway with gentle nudges--mostly successful flips that way.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

patski is offline Senior Member
    I made these today with 2.5 very, very ripe bananas and two eggs. I added in some Bob Mills gluten-free pancake mix to it as a binding agent. It was pretty watery without it.

I fried them up in coconut oil, and BOY they got dark very fast! The sugars in them allow these to very nearly burn if you're not too careful!

I slathered mine in butter and some jam. Mighty tasty!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, not as in love with these as I thought I'd be. I think it's that overripe banana taste ... probably combined with the fact that I burned them slightly--as patski said above, it doesn't take long.

Had it with butter, peanut butter (yes, I eat peanut butter =P), and a little honey. They're okay, just not great. But like I said, it might just take some experimentation. I know in the future, I won't make so damn many at once--they take forever when there's a lot of them. I ended up with something like 5 batches, and just cooking them all took over an hour.
    Last edited by Cyborcat; 07-20-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Clarification
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    I have a tiny 6-inch skillet, and even just 2 eggs and a banana take foreeeeeever to cook. It gave me further understanding of the phrase "slaving over a hot stove"--I was seriously overheating. Probably doesn't help that I'm pregnant...

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I think I found something wayyyyy better. And it doesn't try to masquerade as a traditional pancake. I think they could be eaten sweet or savory.

Multiply Delicious- The Food | Sweet Potato Carrot Cakes
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I think I found something wayyyyy better. And it doesn't try to masquerade as a traditional pancake. I think they could be eaten sweet or savory.

Multiply Delicious- The Food | Sweet Potato Carrot Cakes
    I will try these today, as I have everything on hand. Thanks for posting, Sandra!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

iroccamaro9 is offline Junior Member
    Made these this morning,

1 egg, 1 banana, vanilla extract, butter, and some cinnamon. Tasted great, ended up more like scrambled pancake. Will definitely be making again.

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    I've found that the largest banana in the bunch plus 2 large eggs makes them slightly thicker than a medium banana. I've been adding 1 Tbs of coconut flour lately, to make them almost as thick as conventional pancakes, but also makes them easier to break/crumble if you are not careful.
    If making just the banana/egg versions, you can flip them carefully by sticking the edge of the spatula under the edge of the pancake, lifting straight up (pancake sticks to spatula) until it clears the griddle/pan, then "rolling" it it down on the uncooked side.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    If making just the banana/egg versions, you can flip them carefully by sticking the edge of the spatula under the edge of the pancake, lifting straight up (pancake sticks to spatula) until it clears the griddle/pan, then "rolling" it it down on the uncooked side.
    That's basically what I ended up doing--didn't work every time (sometimes it'd break almost in half during the process, just from gravity trying to pull it off the spatula) but it did help.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Size might make a difference too. I use a 11x11 griddle, and usually pour one in each "corner". About 4 inches diameter.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast