Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 15

AlexRobson is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    On the way home I'm buying eggs and bananas and trying this!

miata is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by splunky View Post
    I made these this morning for 2 of my kiddos. One loved it plain and the other thought it was ok with syrup. I can't wait til next wk and I can have it! Delish!
    How I made it:
    1 med banana
    1 med egg
    Tiny bit vanilla and a sprinkle of baking powder (thought that would help be it to be fluffy-mission accomplished).
    I melted coconut oil then poured the batter in. Covered it on med heat and checked often. Took abt 5 min before I could flip it.
    Yummy!
    I'll have to try the baking soda. I've been adding a little bit of coconut flour. One option other than syrup that has been popular in our house is almond butter. Yummy.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone done a plaintain version for a savory pancake? I'd like to make something good dipping/piling on, ala Pita.

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    I just finished breakfast-3 eggs, 3 strips of bacon.

I now have a craving for the pancakes again?

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Has anyone done a plaintain version for a savory pancake? I'd like to make something good dipping/piling on, ala Pita.
    Have you looked here Perfect Paleo Pancakes ? Or her crepe recipe may be what you're looking for. She is the queen of plantains, for sure.

I turned my mom onto the banana egg pancakes. She is the queen of heart healthy SAD, but she loved these. Little by little...
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Sharon is offline Member
    just tried one of these. are you kidding me!? they are d e l i c i o u s! did banana, egg, pinch of cinnamon and ginger, baked in coconut oil. completely messed up the baking process but i'll
    pick up some pointers and will figure out how to do it properly. can't remember the last time i tasted anything this sweet!

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I add 2 Tbsp of buckwheat flour in this recipe, vanilla and xylitol. Really tasty sh...t

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Oh my goodness.....just made my first batch......total awesomeness!!!!! 3 eggs 2 bananas, will add some other stuff next time to tweak.....or not! WOW!
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 178(some alternate-day fasting, or 'down days' of 500-600 cals, is working for me right now)
    GW - 172? (Not really sure yet)

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    Oh my goodness.....just made my first batch......total awesomeness!!!!! 3 eggs 2 bananas, will add some other stuff next time to tweak.....or not! WOW!
    This. I realize my beginner's luck was due to having inadvertently purchased extra-large eggs instead of large. But if you use large eggs, the 3:2 ration works well. Also, I decided to make "silver dollar" pancakes with this instead of big ones. They flip easily and don't break and taste absolutely fantastic. I like salt on them. It brings out the sweet really well.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Think I'm going to make this on the weekend--I've got a couple of banannas that are getting brown. From what people have said here, they're probably about the perfect consistancy for this.

In fact, I'll make them tonight so they'll be already made in the morning ^.^

EDIT - Just curious, does the final product taste very bananna-like? I could go either way, I'm just wondering. If it does, I bet it'd taste awesome with nut butter (or even if it doesnt, probably XD).
    Last edited by Cyborcat; 07-19-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast