Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 14

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Jamie! It's nice to hear from someone who has already won the battle of finding the right temperature and time. Undercooked eggs (probably the egg whites) have always really messed with my stomach, and that's something I really don't want right now while pregnant!

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    Thought I'd add my 2 cents on my first time trying these...

The recipe I saw somewhere included a tablespoon of almond butter, so I mixed together:

1 large egg, 1 medium banana, 1 tablespoon organic almond butter, 1 teaspoon ( more or less) of coconut flour, dash of cinnamon , and pinch of salt.
    Cooked them in ghee and topped with a drizzle of maple syrup- total heaven!

I'm always thinking of how to improve on a recipe, so next time I may add a sprinkle if chopped pecans or a few chocolate chips AND serve with bacon.

Perfect salty sweet filling combo.

I felt very good this morning after this breakfast and wasn't hungry for several hours .
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

NATLES is offline Member
    They are awesome!! Flat like a crepe but yummy and no need for syrup!! I use vanilla and cinnamon.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I'm still making these every once in a while. I add about a table spoon of coconut flour to the banana egg mix. For me they are best fried in virgin coconut oil. No syrup needed either.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    Thank you, Jamie! It's nice to hear from someone who has already won the battle of finding the right temperature and time. Undercooked eggs (probably the egg whites) have always really messed with my stomach, and that's something I really don't want right now while pregnant!
    Oven temperatures do vary. To be sure it's done, stick a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, good to go. If sticky, put it back for a few minutes.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Oven temperatures do vary. To be sure it's done, stick a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, good to go. If sticky, put it back for a few minutes.
    Thanks! I've ended up baking them in a 9x9 pyrex dish for about 25-35 minutes (based on how much batter I ended up making). I was all excited about muffins until I realized my muffin tins were teflon . I never really inspected the things as they were a wedding present... and in our 51/2 years of marriage, we've never baked muffins! My baking sheets (also from our wedding) are all teflon, too, so I make my sweet potato fries in my big pyrex casserole dish ...

splunky is offline Senior Member
    I made these this morning for 2 of my kiddos. One loved it plain and the other thought it was ok with syrup. I can't wait til next wk and I can have it! Delish!
    How I made it:
    1 med banana
    1 med egg
    Tiny bit vanilla and a sprinkle of baking powder (thought that would help be it to be fluffy-mission accomplished).
    I melted coconut oil then poured the batter in. Covered it on med heat and checked often. Took abt 5 min before I could flip it.
    Yummy!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I finally tried these per the first post. Just 1:1 banana:egg. Cooked in butter. Easy and delicious. Perfectly primal.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

AlexRobson is offline Junior Member
    On the way home I'm buying eggs and bananas and trying this!

miata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by splunky View Post
    I made these this morning for 2 of my kiddos. One loved it plain and the other thought it was ok with syrup. I can't wait til next wk and I can have it! Delish!
    How I made it:
    1 med banana
    1 med egg
    Tiny bit vanilla and a sprinkle of baking powder (thought that would help be it to be fluffy-mission accomplished).
    I melted coconut oil then poured the batter in. Covered it on med heat and checked often. Took abt 5 min before I could flip it.
    Yummy!
    I'll have to try the baking soda. I've been adding a little bit of coconut flour. One option other than syrup that has been popular in our house is almond butter. Yummy.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast