Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 13

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    so how can I make these more "post heavy weight lifting" friendly?
    (but still taste good)

I imagine I'd have to cut the fats down a bit...

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
    I made this tonight half a banana and 1 egg plus blueberries, it was so delicious better than original pancakes. Yummy.
    can you share the exact recipe please?

SuBee is offline Member
    When I made these the first time, the recipe called for baking them in the oven on parchment paper (maybe 10 mins at 350 degrees?) It was a great way to deal with a more delicate batter--my egg/pancake creations often become scrambles.

They also (when baked) had more tensile strength, like I could imagine saving some to use as the base for nut-butter sandwiches to take along somewhere.

My non-paleo son *loved* these, thought they tasted like banana bread, and actually ate them without syrup.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Those of you who said you make banana/egg muffins or bread, what oven temperature do you cook them at?

I only have a small skillet, so making enough pancakes to eat takes forever. I'd love to try baking them instead. Thanks!

Bump

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    Those of you who said you make banana/egg muffins or bread, what oven temperature do you cook them at?

I only have a small skillet, so making enough pancakes to eat takes forever. I'd love to try baking them instead. Thanks!
    When in doubt, 350degrees on most baking projects works well. That's what I use for other muffins. Haven't tried these ones.

Thank you! I'd just hate to mess them up. Baking doesn't come naturally to me... which is generally fine, since most primal foods get cooked in a skillet .

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    just tried these pancakes with a little of my own honey drizzled over....O.M.G.

very glad not to miss out next pancake day

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post

i usually do a bit higher temp than what paleobird suggested. When i tried at 350 things came out mushy kind of like baked pudding which, while fucking delicious, wasn't what i was after. 380 for 25 minutes is what i figured out delivered the best form of banana muffin goodness. but maybe thats just because my oven sucks i don't know!

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast