Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes. page 10

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I dont know if it makes a difference but I dont use over ripe bananas. maybe thats why mine work in the blender? overripe are softer so might make a thinner batter.
    I also make my pancakes small.. maybe 4" across? bigger might get messy to flip.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed that if you let the batter stand for a little bit before you start using it, (like 5-10 minutes maybe?) it is easier to work with. Also, I think a hotter pan helps. I made a pretty big batch, 6 eggs and 3 large bananas, and the first couple pancakes were thinner and harder to work with than the later ones.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    I've used my scale to make this and have come to this ratio for egg to naner:

56g egg
    70g-90g (2.5-3.2 oz) banana

and I usually just throw banana into my magic bullet container throw in the egg and blend. i have not had trouble with it being too watery or not being able to flip, even when i've used frozen banana.

for just egg whites i've found that 2 egg whites( about 60g) needs 114g(4 oz) of egg to work.

fwiw

hoped ive helped anyone who needs it.

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    i have made this twice. the first time i found them difficult to flip but overall failry tasty. the second time instead of making pancakes i blended a little dark chocolate and cooked in the frying pan more like an omelette. it worked better that way
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    I'm brand new to primal eating and this sounds like an easy enough recipe to try-going to make them tomorrow for breakfast

Z0oom is offline Member
    As I venture deeper and deeper into the primal community and lifestyle, it can be difficult to part ways with foods you have an emotional attachment to. Pancakes are a huge one for me. I have been doing well on primal, but I still feel a dissonance when I say I cant have "pancakes" to the average person. I would think about IHOP, or various gluten free varieties, but it would mean I would have to compromise with gluten (not fun), or find some weird premade mix, or various GF recipes that have far too many nuts or carbs. This recipe has single handedly resolved that dissonance into a beautiful harmonious orgy in my mouth.

I thank you from the deepest regions of my stomach, this is absolutely wonderful!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I just started making this into muffins. I loved banana-nut muffins as a kid, and this is perfect. We put in a few chopped walnuts (you don't need many) and we also add some pie spice which is great!

I think if i added avocado-chocolate icing (which also has vanilla extract, honey, a bit of salt and cinnamon) -- you'd have some killer cup cakes.

prufock is offline Member
    I use almond meal along with banana and eggs, but I'm thinking about switching up the proportions a bit. Right now it's about 1 large egg per 1/3 cup meal and 1/3 banana. I normally double make 2x this amount. It's delicious, just a tiny bit dry, so I may cut the amount of meal down to 1/4 cup per serving.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Made these for the first time and loved them! I bragged about them to my sister in law, who has gut issues and is cutting back on processed foods, and she made them too, and said they were awesome

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Just got around to making these today, and my daughter loved them! Thanks!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast