Thread: Bloodwork results, just posting for fun page

faithy22 is offline Member

Red face Bloodwork results, just posting for fun

I had bloodwork done last week. I've been low-carb on/off for about 3.5 yrs, primal-ish for maybe the past 2, but definitely more 50/50 than 80/20. Seven weeks ago, though, I decided to really make a concerted effort to take much better care of myself (it helps that I started dating a guy that's also primal, great motivation). Here are my test results and some thoughts on the data. I asked for a VAP test but my doctor didn't know what it was. I'll get more data for her next time I have bloodwork done.

Some info on myself: F, 33, 148lbs, LHT 2-3x/week, lots of slow moving (standing work station)

Ranges for each test are in ().

Cholesterol
    Total 209 mg/dL (125-200)
    HDL 103 mg/dL (> or = 46)
    Triglycerides 41 mg/dL (<150 )
    LDL (Iranian) 66 mg/dL (<130)
    LDL (Friedewald) 98 mg/dL (<130)

Thyroid
    T3, total 86 ng/dL (76-181)
    T4, Free 1.0 ng/dL (0.8-1.8)
    TSH 1.52 mIU/L (0.4-4.5)

Vitamin D
    Total 40 ng/mL (30-100)
    D3 40 ng/mL
    D2 <4 ng/mL

Vitamin B12 494 pg/mL (200-1100)

Hemoglobin A1C 5.1 (<5.7)

Glucose (fasting) 80 mg/dL (65-99)

C-reactive protein 0.28 mg/dL (<0.8)

Cholesterol numbers are awesome!!!

The thyroid numbers are within range but I see a lot of people posting thyroid issues, either from extended low-carb or other things. I've read that the ranges aren't accurate and things like that. I'll see what I can find and if I have any concerns about my thyroid, I might start adding some healthy high carb days (sweet potato fries!). Maybe once/week or so.

Vitamin D is within range, but barely. I take a supplement, but clearly it's basically useless. I'll make sure to get a lot of sun this summer, but winters are tough. My gym is supposed to be getting tanning one of these days. Maybe a few minutes a few times a week will help boost my numbers.

A1c is within range. If it's an average of the past 3 months, that goes all the way back to before Thanksgiving. I was horrible (like horrible horrible horrible, I had a little too much fun) with my eating all during the holiday season. It'll be interesting to have this test redone after maybe 4 or 5 months of clean eating. Realistically, how low can it be and is there such thing as it being too low??

Fasting glucose is beautiful, makes me happy

C-reactive protein also looks pretty good. I read somewhere online that ideally it would be nice to have it be zero, but I don't know how close to zero I have to be to feel comfortable that I don't have a lot of inflammation in my body. I also wonder how much my IUD contributes to this number. It causes inflammation in my uterus (poor thing) and that probably shows up on the test.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! Those are incredible numbers. You must be very pleased. Keep up the good work.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Congratulations! Those are incredible numbers. You must be very pleased. Keep up the good work.
    Kinda funny....when cholesterol numbers are bad (by CW standards) many chime in and say don't worry because cholesterol numbers are meaningless. But, when numbers are good (by CW standards) many chime in to congratulate and celebrate the great numbers.

GrokDoll is offline Member
    Nice numbers! What did your doctor say about it?

When my cholesterol was 204 (with excellent ratios), mine harped on me about being 4 points over on the total, ignoring the fact that my Trigs were in the 30s and my HDL was in the 80s. Are other doctors still trending on that 200 cut off are more with the ratios?

Quote Originally Posted by GrokDoll View Post
    Nice numbers! What did your doctor say about it?

When my cholesterol was 204 (with excellent ratios), mine harped on me about being 4 points over on the total, ignoring the fact that my Trigs were in the 30s and my HDL was in the 80s. Are other doctors still trending on that 200 cut off are more with the ratios?
    Haven't talked to my Dr. about it. I called the office and had them fax the results over. She's probably ok with it. She's aware of how I eat and fully supports it. Love my doctor!

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    How much D3 are you taking? I usually take 5000 IU because the sun never shines here in NE Ohio. Even with that, mine is 52.
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less

Quote Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
    How much D3 are you taking? I usually take 5000 IU because the sun never shines here in NE Ohio. Even with that, mine is 52.
    I was only taking 5000 IU as well. I've been doubling that the past week. But I'm very inconsistent with my supplements. I keep them at work so only take stuff during the week.

receptgoda is offline Junior Member

Рецепт

Рецепты на будни и праздники http://recept-goda.ru/

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Thyroid numbers WILL be funny on VLC, but that doesn't mean anything is actually wrong. Here's a fun thread with much to think about http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70748-2.html

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html