Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How many eggs do you eat a week?! page 7

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I get crazy sometimes about them and eat as much as 50/week. Then I lay off eat several a week afterward when I get tired of them.
    Me too. It goes in phases. Sometimes half a dozen per day, sometimes none for weeks.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    14+ ie two for breakfast, the rest in general cooking.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    14+ here too. often only 14 as i dont cook with them that much otherwise. no baking for example. i do sometimes have things like kina and scrambled eggs for lunch. or the odd paua fritter which uses a couple. but yeah. average would be 14/week.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Is this thread about Cadbury Creme Easter Eggs?

Bok bok!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

LOL i have a headless rabbit under my computer chair right now. i'd prob prefer to eat it than a creme egg and i am not being self righteous!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    LOL i have a headless rabbit under my computer chair right now. i'd prob prefer to eat it than a creme egg and i am not being self righteous!
    I actually prefer the actual Bunny himself too...

Every year when the commercials start all I can think is "I need rabbit for dinner".
    (Big white rabbits remind me of food... I grew up raising them.)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

yumm rabbit gumbo!!! the cat is crunching the head as i type so i could have a fight on my hands. it is a nice tender little baby bunny too.

miata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    My understanding is that cooking makes the protein more bioavailable, but reduces the nutrition of the yolk. Yolk raw and whites cooked is probably optimal, but we are really just talking minutia here. Not a big deal.
    I heard this and a couple of weeks ago started doing soft boiled eggs and eating out with a small spoon in egg holders. I boil for 5 minutes and the yokes are 90% raw and the whites 90% cooked. I eat three of these with my bullet-proof coffee every morning. I'm sure this will get old some day, but this is new for me I really love eating eggs that way.

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    I usually buy 18 (yes, eighteen) chicken eggs from a local producer once per week. My wife eats 2-3, sometimes in the form of hard boiled eggs, sometimes a omelet, or when I prepare a meatloaf. The rest is for me, so I eat fifteen Cholesterol is low, triglycerides too. Protein C-Reactive is below measurable levels according to the last exams, so it cannot be wrong.

P.S. Speaking about eggs, I like some salmon eggs with my smoked salmon, they are a bomb in term of omega-3.

Boff's [widget] is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A couple of dozen a week. Typically four jumbos at a time, scrambled, with a couple of tablespoons of butter and a generous sprinkling of curry powder.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast