Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How many eggs do you eat a week?! page 5

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I love raw yolks. If I'm just doing the yolk I will actually chew it and let it sit for a while in my mouth cause it tastes so good..... Doing the whole egg with white and all I would shoot like a shot though. Raw egg white isn't nearly as palatable.
    Good to know. I pictured much slime and didnt know if I could get past that
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfacre View Post
    I eat 2-3 per day, usually fried in coconut oil. I want to eat hard-boiled for for some reason the texture grosses me out. Does anyone have any remedies for that?
    Is it the yolk or the white that grosses you out? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Soft boiled eggs, white is cooked through and the yolk is buttery! Also, maybe try eating them warm and cold. I prefer them cold when hard boiled, but I know others that only eat them when they're still warm.

I eat anywhere from 20-30 a week I think, based on the 5 dozen I buy at a time! I consume dairy, so I make a lot of frittatas with goat cheese, spinach, roasted garlic and roasted red peppers! Nom nom nom I feel like Forrest Gump when it comes to eggs... Fried Eggs, Poached Eggs, Boiled Eggs, Over Medium Eggs, Scrambled Eggs..... Hmmm.... I'm hungry, I think I need to grab an egg!

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    For those of you eating raw eggs. Just curious...why? What are the benefits? Any issues with Salmonella? I have no opinion but have yet to incorporate raw eggs into meals.

A simple google search yielded some random stuff. It's on the internet, must be true:
    Are Raw Eggs Safe To Eat? | Ask The Fitness Nerd : Answer FitnessŪ: Practical Fitness Advice for Everyone

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    About a dozen, for me. I like to take 3 hardboiled eggs to work for breakfast. It makes a good satisfying meal that tides me over until lunch.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    5 eggs if I average it all out
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I plow through 4-6 eggs per day, virtually every single day. Depends on how many eggs the guy I get eggs from has handy.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    6 a week at the most, often less.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TTBlue21 View Post
    For those of you eating raw eggs. Just curious...why? What are the benefits? Any issues with Salmonella? I have no opinion but have yet to incorporate raw eggs into meals.

A simple google search yielded some random stuff. It's on the internet, must be true:
    Are Raw Eggs Safe To Eat? | Ask The Fitness Nerd : Answer FitnessŪ: Practical Fitness Advice for Everyone
    Why? Cause they taste good.. and the yolks are absolutely power packs of energy and vitamins

Benefits? Bout the same as the benefits of eating eggs in general.

Salmonella? Bout a snowballs chance in hell if the eggs are free ranged from your back yard or another good source.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Some days I eat only 3, some days 6. I would say and average of 2 dz per week.

We grow our own and always have an ample supply, plus they are a nice portable protein source for work snacks. When we have a surplus I pickle a gallon jar full. Yum!

We had scrambles for dinner last night with some cheese & onion cooked in. Broccoli and 1/2 a baked potato and 1/2 avocado made a perfect dinner. When the garden kicks in, fritattas/omelets are on the menu a few times per week. Like a cooked big ass salad.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Why? Cause they taste good.. and the yolks are absolutely power packs of energy and vitamins
    I guess I was asking if cooking compromised any of the nutritional value, that's all. I am currently consuming 40 yolks a week; perhaps I’ll incorporate a few raw ones.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast