Thread: What do you think of this UK Milk product? page

joshclem is offline Junior Member

What do you think of this UK Milk product?

Primal Fuel
    Dairy Free Coconut Milk | Holland and Barrett

I wonder what you guys think. I need to stop drinking normal milk. But is this stuff much better - it isnt organic and doesnt have much coconut aswell as other wierd ingredients?

Would this milk be better?

Holland and Barrett I note the 3rd ingredient is Rice

What about this one?

Organic Almond Milk | Holland and Barrett

I am just looking for healthy milk with my tea

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Can't you just buy plain coconut milk?

We get both the Milk and Cream, organic.
    I prefer the cream as I like the richer taste.

Here's one:
    Coconut Milk - Premium Organic Fair Trade Coconut Milk

Or if you want to do your own, there is a recipe just using flakes, I've also used fresh coconut pulp, blend with water, then strain off, keeps for a few days in the fridge, just got to shake a bit before use as it settles.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Can't you just buy plain coconut milk?

We get both the Milk and Cream, organic.
    I prefer the cream as I like the richer taste.

Here's one:
    Coconut Milk - Premium Organic Fair Trade Coconut Milk

Or if you want to do your own, there is a recipe just using flakes, I've also used fresh coconut pulp, blend with water, then strain off, keeps for a few days in the fridge, just got to shake a bit before use as it settles.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I have an innate distrust of Holland and Barrett... Overpriced, huge multinational chains don't normally have our best interests at heart.!

This thread has info: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread23411.html
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

joshclem is offline Junior Member
    Hi Omni

thanks for that i will give it a try

although i have just read an article of marks saying almonds are superfoods so maybe almost milk is good?

yogabear i wish you lived in birmingham!! epic quotes in your sig

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshclem View Post

yogabear i wish you lived in birmingham!! epic quotes in your sig
    Bill Hicks is a legend Lol, thanks - look me up if you're in London!

FYI, if you want to try almond milk you can make it yourself - it's really easy and much better than the store bought crap. Just give it a google.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 02-20-2013 at 03:39 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about your definition of "weird ingredients" but most of the stuff on the label does not come from freshly extracted coconut meat.

Filtered water, Coconut milk 8.4%, Fruit extract concentrate, Calcium phosphate, Emulsifier Sucrose ester, Sea salt, Colour Natural carotene. Suitable for coeliacs, vegetarians, vegans, and those with nut allergies.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I buy the kara coconut milk from time to time....and am not too concerned about the additional ingredients as it is primarily coconut milk and water. I'm sure it would be easier just to buy a tin of coconut milk and add water, but for the convenience factor...

Oh, and it's not a H&B product - you can buy it (and much cheaper) at most supermarkets.

I wouldn't touch the almond milk though - agave and maltodextrin? Not for me, thanks.