Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100% cocoa bars page

ANewLeaf is offline Junior Member

100% cocoa bars

Primal Fuel
    Ok, I have read a few people post how they eat 100% dark cocoa bars, as in bakers chocolate. My first thoughts were - they must be crazy. but having been on PB for a month now, with minimal sugars, I decided to try it. I preferred the 75% chocolate in the past anyway. I was quite surprised to find that 100% was not as bad as I had anticipated. I wouldn't say I am ready to switch just yet but I definitely am ready to move up to the 85% range, which I find much better tasting now as opposed to the 75%.

Paleobird Guest
    Ghiradelli makes an awesome 100% bar when you are ready to come over to the seriously dark side.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ghiradelli makes an awesome 100% bar when you are ready to come over to the seriously dark side.
    +1

This is the best value on a 100% bar, imo.

ANewLeaf is offline Junior Member
    That's what I picked up! Its in the freezer right now, waiting until I am ready. And its the one time that I don't have to worry about my kids stealing the chocolate! Lol

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    I find 100% cocoa bars to be great. Very bitter, but they taste good when your taste buds are de-sugarized! 85% isn't too bad if you prefer a little sweetness.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I like the Lindt 90% bar the best, but have had both the Ghiradelli and a 99% World Market bar. Tastewise, the 99% World Market bar is fantastic, but it's fairly gritty. The Lindt bar is amazingly smooth--I love it. The Ghiradelli 100% is OK, IMO, but I find it a bit bland. It's just 'eh' to my tastebuds.

The other day one of my friends found a stack of 99% Lindt bars (I never knew these existed) and he says he's sending one to me. I'm mega-excited about the possibilities. If it's the flavor of the World Market bar and the smoothness of Lindt...well, I'm gonna buy a ton of them online.

Balance is online now Senior Member
    I like the Valrhona 85% dark chocolate from Trader Joe's. I have tried a few other 85% and 90% with different brands and I liked this one the best. Mark even did a post on this a couple of years ago and rated his favorite dark chocolate bars and found that he liked Valrhona the best. Link to the post below.

The 5 Best Dark Chocolate Bars in the World | Mark's Daily Apple
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I love dark chocolate but no can do on the 100 or 99%. Ashes taste much the same.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    +1 on 90% Lindt....gorgeous stuff!

Croak is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I like to have a couple squares of Lindt 100% while drinking good black coffee. Actually tastes sweet that way, and a lot more nuance to the flavor. I actually find 85% to be too sweet now. Amazing how you can reprogram your tastes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast