Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canned Salmon page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I just lightly sauté them in olive oil. A few minutes per side, till it forms a golden brown crust. I use chili and garlic powders for seasoning.
    Yum!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Histamines up the a-hole. I try to limit to only fresh fish. But in a pinch, it works.

Also, there are BPA concerns in general

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I can get about 5 servings out of a can. So I eat one serving (1/4 cup) with my eggs for break fast, and I freeze the others so I can grab them out when I need them. I try to have this every day but not always, so I go ahead and freeze it in the cutest little containers I got for Christmas
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

elfman5150 is offline Member
    I eat lots of canned seafood, particularly salmon and sardines! I am a huge fan of Crown Prince Sardines in water. They also have delicious oysters in olive oil. Mix that with some kerrygold herb butter and I'll be in a great mood for awhile

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I ate a can of salmon or sardines a day from 2002-2012. I could not gag down so much as a bite of the stuff now.

thewildirishgirl is offline Junior Member
    This salmon patty recipe from Elana's pantry is AMAZING. Gluten Free Sesame Salmon Burger Recipe - Elana's Pantry

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Wild fresh is better than canned. BPA free cans are better than not. Canned is better than eating no salmon.

Tastewise, fresh rocks, the same as a tuna steak tastes like a completely differently creature than parboiled canned tuna.

Be sure to prorate the cost over a pound to make sure you're really getting a deal.

Giving this up for canned would make me sad:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

BklynGirl is offline Member
    A little tahini on canned salmon is fantastic!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Giving this up for canned would make me sad:

Where's the head?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It had a head??? LOL I purchased it beheaded and gutted. Maybe next time I'll ask them if they can throw a few heads in. I have to buy 20 lbs at a time to get a decent price. Though considering I have that shipped to me, I might be better off going to a local fish monger and asking if they have heads.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast