Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to PB - calorie counting question page

KarenD'A is offline Junior Member

new to PB - calorie counting question

Primal Fuel
    I started PB about 8 weeks ago, first 3 weeks were fantastic felt great, lost about 12lbs things were good. then my weight loss stalled, I gained a couple pounds, so I re-read portions of the book about weight loss where counting calories is recommended. so I calculated, BMR activity levels and figured out my daily calorie needs and came up with 1429cals to lose approx 2lbs a week, (92gm protein, 75gm carb, 84gm fat) I've been following this for 4 weeks but have not lost a pound! any suggestions?

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    What's your gender and current height/weight?
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

female, 37yrs, 5'9", 173lbs

Halfacre is offline Junior Member
    That may be too many carbs, and sometimes it takes some time to rearrange your body and start losing weight again. I lost 30 lbs between May and October, and have been stalled ever since, but still need to punch extra holes in my belt, since stuff is moving around. be patient and give it time.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    I would up the fat too.

so lower carbs and up the fat. should I aim for under 50 carbs?

I am assuming protein is ok, or can I lower that? it can be challenging to get in 90 grams a day, especially when I'm not very hungry.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Don't lower the protein - it will send you into starvation mode and you will hold on to everything.

It isn't just about macros. You have taken time to put on the weight. It takes time to take it off. In particular, weight losss after the initial water weight loss often follows healing. You need to eat well to heal to get the weight loss.

What are you eating on an average day?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I usually start with coffee/HWC
    breakfast: I have 2 scambled eggs, on weekends I have a couple pieces of bacon
    lunch: I have a large salad with chicken breast and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil dressing
    snack: 24 raw almonds (yes I do count them out)
    dinner: protien (beef or chicken 99% of the time) w/cooked veggies + salad and once or twice a week I'll have 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato with dinner
    2-3 times a week 2 squares of 85% chocolate (about 50grams), 1-2 times a week I'll have a small fugi apple

weekends I rarely eat "lunch", maybe a couple pieces of beef jerky and some almonds.
    I cook mostly with butter or EVOO. I have coconut oil, but don't really care for its flavor.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Consider your frame size, as well. I'm 5'9", and built like a linebacker. 173 pounds on me would be glorious and fit. I'm aiming for 185, but I'm also ten years older.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast