Thread: Help on making the switch page

berkoe1 is offline Junior Member

Help on making the switch

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,

I have been thinking for some time on trying the PB style of eating. I have an active job and my daily calorie needs on an average day have been estimated at around 3300. I have highlighed below my current average day at work/eating and I am looking for some simple suggestions.

I just cant seem to get the calories in without the grains.

Breakfast
    1 cup homemade Granola-oats, mixed nuts, dried apricot, coconut shavings.
    Milk
    1 Banana

Snack
    1 pot full fat Greek Yog
    30g mixed nuts
    handful of melon - all mixed up

Job-lead 60 minute health walk

Lunch-at work we only have a microwave
    Big salad inc' Avacado
    1 bag wholegrain rice
    tin Mackral with Olive Oil
    Apple

Job-Lead another 60 minute health walk

Snack
    1 piece of wholgrain toast
    1tbsp Almond Butter
    1 Banana

Gym - 20 minute total body circuit workout

Tea
    Chicken Breast
    Veg
    Potato's
    Pear

Evening Snack
    Apple

Any suggestions on how to move any meal choices to more PB would be very much appreciated.

Wayne

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Bacon and eggs for breakfast, you can cook both easily in the microwave if you don't have 10 min to "cook".
    For snack if you eat cheese, replace the bread with cheese (get a good quality one)
    Lunch - throw a hard boiled egg on your salad, skip the rice. If you really need the carbs, have a sweet potato.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Why are you eating 14 tiny snacks a day instead of some actual meals? Eat a steak. A buttered, massive steak. Then you won't need to keep eating a half a banana and 3 oats every 40 minutes.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Switch to coconut milk, stop eating chicken and switch to higher fat cuts of red meat, fry your meat in plenty of fat, snack on handfuls of nuts, be liberal with snacking on cheese.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Not sure where you are with weight etc, but I don't count anything just eat when hungry, sometimes 5 times a day, sometimes once or not at all, if you want calories add more fat so chicken thigh instead of breast.
    If you feel you are one of those people with a carb bias load up on cellular carbs like potatoes and eat more fruit.
    Keep grains to a minimum, hold back on Omega 6 oils and look to up Omega 3 oils.
    Watch the seed & nut intake, should be on the low side, they are only marginally better than grains, use the guide of if they weren't in a pack how many could you realistically gather, crack and eat?
    Last edited by Omni; 02-19-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    What is your current height and weight and are you trying to lose/gain or maintain weight? You said on the original post that you require 3,300 calories per day. That seems like a lot unless you are larger than average or very active without any weight to lose. I realize that you are walking a lot at work. Overall I don't think your menu is that bad except I would remove the whole grain toast. But it's hard to tell without knowing more information about your stats and what your goals are.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.