Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: primal superstitions page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

primal superstitions

I'm watchin this eminem video on youtube (not my typical interest but Im clickity clicking down suggestions) and he crosses himself in a video.

So I get to thinking that on one hand, subordination to christian imagery is declining and is too polluted with historical bad karma to be done with integrity.

But on the other hand, I like seeing people do tribal identifying gestures that indicate a shared value system.

So I propose that we, the internet primal community, innovate some such gestures. Like when we pull meat out of the fridge and present it to be cut and prepared, or before we eat, or before and after different workouts, or a protective ward against dwarf wheat- all of that would be awesome and I would rep it all over town all the time.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    No. It doesn't do anything, so I'm not doing it.

M.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    No. It doesn't do anything, so I'm not doing it.

M.
    That sounds about right to me.

Without belief there is no point in those things.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm Christian so I still say Grace prior to eating, but my neighbor is Japanese and she says a simple one word invocation prior to eating, I believe it's the Japanese word for "Gratitude" or something. It's not religious. But I like that it keeps one mindful that we should always be grateful for what we have, whether we're religious or not. There's proof that those who feel gratitude are happier than those who don't. So in that respect, I believe it does do something.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I have some acquaintances that practice Last Bite when hunting.

M.

Yes I am saying....

As "primal" is a movement that addresses many topics that radiate from a single center (that center being basically, "what made Grok strong?"),

and as movements communicate themselves in society by way of gestures and language

primal people should have recognized shared gestures that serve to bind their individual behavior to a collective movement.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Who says we want to be easily identifiable as part of a collective movement?

Why would anyone go doing that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

For the reason that I thought, "That's cool" when I saw eminem cross himself...

for the reasons that EagleRiverDee said she already does this...And because of what Cierra said.

And I don't mean easily identifiable to the masses who know nothing of what we are about- but if I saw someone doing a Primal gesture at the gym before benching or something, that'd be awesome, and would start a relationship.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Every gesture had a first time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast