Thread: Trying to make sure I'm not missing anything page

stevie is offline Junior Member

Trying to make sure I'm not missing anything

Primal Fuel
    So I've been trying my best at Primal for four days now. I think that I'm doing everything right, but I'm not seeing the rapid weight loss I often hear of in all the success stories. I've actually gained a pound and lost no inches so far. So I wanted to make sure I was actually doing this right and maybe get a little reassurance that I will eventually get to be a success story myself. I'm finally committed to changing my life and I'm definitely willing to put the effort in.

Stats: 24 year old female, weight today: 223.8, starting weight: 222.8, high weight: 245 (I've been slowly losing weight on CW for the past 6 months or more)

Diet: I've been gluten free for 2 years, dairy free for 2 months, on whole, unprocessed foods for 2 weeks, although this did include oats, soy, and beans
    Since going primal I've been eating meats (pot roast, steak, hamburger, eggs), veggies (salad greens, broccoli, brussel sprouts, carrots, onions), fruit (blueberries, apples, oranges, dates), a little nuts (almonds and walnuts), and for seasoning and cooking red wine, garlic, and olive oil.
    I've been keeping my protein between 120-160g a day (this is the range of lean body mass I have based on different estimations), eating at least 2 cups worth of veggies a day, trying to make sure I don't eat more than 2 cups worth of fruit a day, and my carbohydrates are rarely over 50g a day. My calories are also never over 1500. My pie chart of % calories is almost 50/50 protein and fat with a tiny piece dedicated to carbs.

Exercise:
    I've been walking the past two days: .7 miles the first day (this was mostly through knee high snow), and 1.5 miles the second day

The only thing I think I could maybe be doing wrong is not getting enough healthy fats? Maybe throw an avocado a day in the mix?

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    It's been four days. Give it some time! Not everyone experiences crazy weight-loss immediately. You may just need more time.

Simmer down and stay the course!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, the crazy weight loss most people experience is actually shedding water due to cutting out wheat. Since you had already cut out wheat your body didn't release all the water

Regarding your avocado question, go for it. One thing that you should probably do is cut out the nuts as well. Snacking in general is a really good way to inadvertently eat more than you intended.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right