Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery store revalation page 8

Wal67ter is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    tuna and olive oil.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I just can't believe that people would honestly purchase Lucky Charms and feed that to their kids as "part of a balanced breakfast" every morning. There are so many ingredients that I am allergic to, I cannot understand what ever made us brainwashed into thinking colorful marshmallows in addition to sugar coated crispy wheat cereal type things was okay to feed kids.

I used to work at a grocery store, and we faced the shelves so that all the sugary cereals (Lucky Charms, Cookie Crisps, Fruit Loops) were on the 2nd and 3rd shelf. When I asked why, I was told it was so the kids would see it and cry for their parents to buy it for them, which meant better sales.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    I often chuckle when i unload my groceries on the conveyor. Bacon, sausage, pork roast, steaks, chicken, couple sweet potatoes and some veggies.
    Many times i have been asked if i am having a bbq and if so where is the sauce lol. i politely laugh and say that this is one weeks worth of my normal diet lol.
    a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The other day I passed through the register at Walmart with a pork shoulder, a 3# package of bacon ends and pieces, and a brisket as long as my arm.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post

Then a few isles over I come across a plump younger lady standing in front of the soy milk, proudly telling her SO "just hang on a minute, last time I got low fat soy milk it was horrible, I'm going to get the full fat this time". Again, my brain is just screaming "you seriously think full fat will make it taste any better?".

If only it wasn't socially unacceptable to holler this stuff at people as you walk through the shop. I'd be giving them all a thorough education!
    I'm allergic to dairy. I experiment with soy milk, coconut milk and almond milk in an effort to find something that tastes decent as a creamer in my coffee and that can be used as an alternative to milk in recipes that call for it. I didn't choose to develop an allergy to dairy and I'm not happy about it but I'd be even less happy if someone got all judgmental on my choice to use an alternative and started preaching to me about it.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I am lactose intolerant, and through my "substitutions" I developed an allergy to soy. I now just either bite the bullet or pop a Lactaid with some real creamer.

Stay away from soy (yes I'm prejudiced), it's chop full of nasty and doesn't contain much good. I like coconut milk and rice milk as far as milk substitutes. Rice milk because it tastes similar and has similar consistency to skim milk (which I was accustomed to pre-lactose-intolerance), and coconut milk because it is yummy and full of good stuff. I cannot vouch for almond milk, as I am allergic to almonds, and the last time I drank that my throat swelled up (which lead me into the doctor's office for an allergy test).

As for people judging me, yeah, that happened a lot. Nobody understood why I wouldn't just buy a gallon of milk (I still don't, just the creamer), and I was even accused of faking it it couple of times by family members.

But at the same time, I'd love to yell at all those acquaintances of mine who preach health food and Warrier Dash, yet they still buy wheat bread weekly, by the loaf...
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I didn't choose to develop an allergy to dairy and I'm not happy about it but I'd be even less happy if someone got all judgmental on my choice to use an alternative and started preaching to me about it.
    I've been dairy free for a few years in my past also - not allergic just tried to eliminate to free myself from chronic sinus infections and also when my breastfed baby had severe reflux. As far as I was aware soy is a bit of a primal no no? I've drunk soy milk (and rice milk) so I know it tastes like crap, not judging at all just sayin is all.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Is it that rare? I see people wearing vibrams and grok shirts a lot now. I think seeing carts full of butter, meat, veggies, is pretty frequent. Not as frequent as the bread stocked vegetarians of course with all their soymilk and stuff. I always twitch whenever I hear someone order a soy latte at a coffee shop. I even had some guy say "ew you're using pus milk in your coffee?" when I was making mine. I wanted to slap his sissy testosterone depleted ass around, but I held back.
    I just don't see anyone anywhere wearing Vibrams, or shopping with a cart full of meat, veges and fruit........and I am happy to come over and slap this guy around Derp. In fact my palms are getting twitchy just thinking about it !!!!! LOL

LL I am with you on the Soy milk stuff. I think it tastes horrid. I would rather go without any day.

I would be judged by a few of you also, as DH just isn't on board with Gwamma......... so my trolley often contains lots of naughty nonsense !!!!!! gwamma loves naughty nonsense - but more of the alcohol kind !!!!!!!

I do have a really funny "riding the trolley" story...........but praps I will leave it for another day.............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

dmaster555 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I've been grocery cart watching for 20 years. The public will never catch on; at this pt they are too misinformed to understand anything regarding nutrition.
    But how did you catch on? I'm willing to bet you're misinformed about something regarding nutrition right now that someone else knows about and you have no clue. You're being just like those people. You're just acting on what you "know."

If you're watching people's carts at the market and looking at them in disgust, sounds like you have some issues yourself.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I try to avoid supermarkets as often as possible. Since going primal, I can see all too easily the gross means by which the store is trying to make profits with the junkiest junk right at the cashier area. All the dope (because anything you get totally hooked on is dope) is there (super sweet shit, unhealthily salty stuff cooked in rancid vegetable oil, pseudo-chocolate full of weirdo ingredients, energy drinks, sodas, etc - ALL right there and people, often kids, grabbing this crap as a last second impulsive buy).

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast