Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery store revalation page 7

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is it that rare? I see people wearing vibrams and grok shirts a lot now. I think seeing carts full of butter, meat, veggies, is pretty frequent. Not as frequent as the bread stocked vegetarians of course with all their soymilk and stuff. I always twitch whenever I hear someone order a soy latte at a coffee shop. I even had some guy say "ew you're using pus milk in your coffee?" when I was making mine. I wanted to slap his sissy testosterone depleted ass around, but I held back.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    It's rare in the hippie boonies.

You shuda dun it.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I even had some guy say "ew you're using pus milk in your coffee?" when I was making mine. I wanted to slap his sissy testosterone depleted ass around, but I held back.
    That is so fucking rude to make a comment like that. You should have slapped his disrespectful face.

I get so so sick of judgy ass people feeling the need to "comment".

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I don't look in other people's grocery carts too often while walking around the store, but I see a lot of what people buy when they put it all on the conveyer belt. It's usually an array of packaged snacks, bakery goodies, microwave dinners, frozen breaded "meat", ice cream, sugary cereal etc etc. A lot of times there's no fresh produce whatsoever.

Sometimes when people look in my cart they give me that "oh, you're one of THOSE people" looks, like I'm a food snob or something because I buy organic and grassfed as often as I can afford it. Honestly though, I really don't mind being a "food snob" because it's keeping me healthy and fit, unlike eating a standard American diet.

I'll admit that sometimes now I actually get embarrassed when I have to buy junk food. I was in charge of picking up cake mix, cookie dough, frosting and some other junk food for a friend's surprise birthday party, and I felt so awkward buying all that stuff. The cashier was one I see regularly, and since he knows the type of food I usually buy he commented that all that stuff must not be for me

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I even had some guy say "ew you're using pus milk in your coffee?" when I was making mine. I wanted to slap his sissy testosterone depleted ass around, but I held back.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    That is so fucking rude to make a comment like that. You should have slapped his disrespectful face.

I get so so sick of judgy ass people feeling the need to "comment".
    Two ways to deal with people like that, whether food or whatever.

1. "What makes you think I give a shit what you think?"

2. "You do realize that most people don't need to hear every thought that bounces off the back of your little brain, don't you?"

It takes practice, but eventually responses like that will become habit. Maybe we can all band together to shut down one rude asshole at a time.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I was asked to buy a coworker a king size Kit Kat and a Mountain Dew from the gas station the other day. I felt absolutely horrible in the checkout line. I honestly felt very embarrassed and hoped no one else was thinking I was buying that crap for myself.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I ended up buying some potato chips at the health food store (I didn't want to make another stop just for chips) for the kids that are coming over for my son's B day and I couldn't believe how expensive they were, it's been so long since I've bought chips I really had no idea how much they cost. I felt bad spending money on a non-food item, it made realize how much money people spend on "food" that is really just filler and completely unnecessary.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    I'll admit that sometimes now I actually get embarrassed when I have to buy junk food.
    Way back when I was a 'new mom' I was part of a non-profit group that educated people about using modern cloth nappies (you call them diapers in the US?), imagine my shame when every damn time I needed to get disposables because the kids had diarrhoea or we were going on a trip someone would recognise me at the supermarket and take a long hard look at the offending objects in my cart. One of the joys of living in a relatively small town, you cannot hide!

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    One of the benefits of living in a small town, if you don't know what you're doing... someone else does!

My hubby has gradually come over to the primal side, but he still has to have his black licorice. I feel like a drug dealer whenever I buy it for him. *sigh*

KT79 is offline Member
    Yesterday while checking out at the grocery store the clerk made the comment that we must be 'stocking up' on fruits and vegetables because, with the exception of two dozen eggs, some fish, and some paper towels, that's all we bought - but no, that (along with some grass-fed meet we've got in our deep-freeze) is just what my husband and I eat over the course of a week! I'm sure everyone seeing our cart thinks we're vegetarian.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast