Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery store revalation page 3

pfair143 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Unfortunately, I have fallen into the habit of labeling carts in my head as death carts and life carts. Then I quickly check to see who is committing suicide and who is choosing life. Morbid I know.

Michiel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfair143 View Post
    Unfortunately, I have fallen into the habit of labeling carts in my head as death carts and life carts. Then I quickly check to see who is committing suicide and who is choosing life. Morbid I know.
    But isn't this the truth. Most people seem to be committing suicide and when you point out truths even about non food they turn ironical towards you and indifferent. Like the fact that we need green energy. Loads of people seem to like the destructive ways things are going.

The sad thing is I think they mostly are like this, because it is easier for them socially. To die >|

Glad I chose life.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately green energy is not so green.

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    I am a trolley watcher. I noticed today all the people loading up their soul less baked goods, sugar free drinks and breakfast cereals onto the belt. I had pork belly and veggies to buy and felt really excited about my dinner. The people with the wheat related items and fake food looked so depressed I'm sure there is a connection to that. I think food has become a battle for CW people. They all look so dejected because in CW you can't have anything nice. (Obvious) sugar is banned and fat is banned.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I have found it increasingly depressing to go to the regular grocery store. I tend to notice the correlation between food choices and the person's appearance of health more and more. I also feel that a lot of people are not very happy at the grocery store; I can feel the negative energy and it's not hard to see it on their faces! I think it's because so many people have such a tormented relationship with food. I was talking to a guy at the farmer's market recently who is a photographer and mentioned how I don't enjoy going to our regional chain grocery store anymore. He had a contract with that grocer and spent a lot of time in stores and the corporate office and said it really turned him off and he doesn't like to go there anymore. The profits made at the expense of health just seem so wrong. Of course, there is individual choice and free will, but so many people are led astray by food companies and the media. When you can advertise a hot pocket as nutritious, something is very, very wrong!
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

GioMetry is offline Junior Member
    I think you guys are reading too much into the "depressed faces" at the grocery store. I don't think I look too happy when I'm at the local Publix/Kroger either. It's usually late in the day after work and there are too many people crowding my space.

I do enjoy grocery shopping slightly more than before primal though. Mainly because I only shop around the edges of the store.
    Last edited by GioMetry; 03-20-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    ---
    F, 37, 5'7"

SW: 190 (Jan 2013)
    CW: 170.2 (3/20/13; 11 weeks; stalling a little now...Boo.)
    pregnant! - due Nov 2013
    GW: below 160, ideally below 150 - goals postponed to 2014

lowest adult weight: 145 (12/2007, low-fat, cardio-crazy)
    highest adult weight: around 200

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    We have 3 grocery stores in our town: Safeway, a locally owned heath food store (where I do most of my shopping) and another chain grocery store that seems to cater to lower income folks. I go to the lower end grocery store for paper goods and they have the best price on coconut milk in non-BPA cans; while shopping there I really notice how unhealthy every one looks. Sometimes I try and count how many "healthy" looking people I see. Most of the time I see none, then I try and count the not overweight people and I'll find a few, sadly most in that category look like they are suffering from sort of addiction: drugs, alcohol or cigarettes.

GioMetry is offline Junior Member
    I think it makes me sad to look at some of the carts, more than anything.
    I have struggled with my weight as long as I can remember (maybe age 13/14). I never tried any fad diets, but often followed the CW advice. Low fat, healthy grains, etc.

Now that primal is working for me; I'm sad/pissed/annoyed that I never knew this earlier.

I figure a lot of the "SAD cart pushers" just haven't figured out the secret yet, but they are probably trying.
    ---
    F, 37, 5'7"

SW: 190 (Jan 2013)
    CW: 170.2 (3/20/13; 11 weeks; stalling a little now...Boo.)
    pregnant! - due Nov 2013
    GW: below 160, ideally below 150 - goals postponed to 2014

lowest adult weight: 145 (12/2007, low-fat, cardio-crazy)
    highest adult weight: around 200

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GioMetry View Post
    Now that primal is working for me; I'm sad/pissed/annoyed that I never knew this earlier.

I figure a lot of the "SAD cart pushers" just haven't figured out the secret yet, but they are probably trying.
    Exactly how I feel. This knowledge is simply obvious once you know it, but really hard to find, even if you are looking.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoGirl View Post
    When you can advertise a hot pocket as nutritious, something is very, very wrong!
    But they are now made with real cheese!! And even better, there's the Lean Pockets variety!! ~eyeroll~

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast