Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Grocery store revalation page 13

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I barely even go to grocery stores anymore.
    In the past few months:
    -my meat is from the butcher and the Asian store's frozen-fish aisle
    -my veg and fruit is from the indoor market
    -I don't use soaps and am not yet low on deodorant
    -I only drink booze when I am invited to it
    -I have an endless supply of tea and coffee

Last time I went into a store was to grab some toothpaste at LiDL. You guys are now my lifeline for gross/weird/scary shopping-cart stories, that I may continue to heartlessly judge my fellow man.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    It's funny, I continue to be the 'weirdo' at the supermarket, since I get all of our vegetables at the farmers market and a vegetable store, so our supermarket shopping is completely devoid of the pathetic range of fruit and veges they have on offer, instead it's replete with dairy fats (about 3L/kg or cream and butter each), plus various fringe meats, like whole salmon, squid, chicken livers, pigs head, ox kidney, mutton flaps etc etc that are mostly kept in the pet food section.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I know there is abuse, but...
    People with foster children sometimes(depending on state and circumstance) get food stamps.
    People who have had good jobs in the past can run into hard times. Selling a fancy purse only generates so much cash, and there is no requirement that people in need sell every nice thing they have before they ask for help. You need a phonme to funtion in our society nowadays, and if you are locked into a contract, downgrading may just not be feasible.
    No, I am not on food stamps. But I have used them, and I bless the system that provided them. There's enough embarrassment in using them, without people judging you.

pfair143 is offline Member
    I am always amazed at the people who believe those on food stamps are taking advantage of taxpayers (as in "my money") while believing those same people have never ever paid any taxes that went into that same food stamp program. Myopic.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    I am a single mom and years back lost my job. I went on foodstamps for 2 months in order to feed my kids. I was thankful for such a program. What did bother me - the amount I was given to spend a month was about twice what I had spent on food while I worked. We ate way better while I was jobless than when I was employed.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Saw a woman trying to eat a Klondike bar while backing out of her parking space at the supermarket yesterday. Those things are difficult enough to eat when you aren't trying to do something else.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Some people would risk their lives to eat a Klondike bar. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Damn. Now I want some ice cream. Got to admit, Klondike Bars are good, but not as good as Drumsticks.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Damn. Now I want some ice cream. Got to admit, Klondike Bars are good, but not as good as Drumsticks.
    Personally I am rather fond of Chocotacos. The ice cream, not the poster, though he is okay too of course.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like the Magnum bars.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast