Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery store revalation page 11

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitegirlinasia View Post
    In Japan you see far less large people. Plump is fat here. But you do see TONs of freakishly bow legged people. I'm convinced it's diet as the Koreans and Chinese people I know or see on a regular basis don't seem to have that problem.

But people do eat more veggies here and seem less glazed with wheat addiction. People's carts are usually filled with a reasonable number of veggies.
    Interesting. Haven't spent a lot of time in Japan but Koreans have it pretty much figured out, at least more so than most other developed countries. They eat a lot of vegis, and they eat a lot of meat, eat almost no sugar. Not much in the way of milk or cheese either. A bit too much rice and noodles, which catches up with them past age 40, but other than that they've got the magic formula. Almost no fatties walking the streets.

Most of the grocery carts are filled with good stuff.

Yesterday I freaked a store employee out, "do you run a restaurant, why so much spinach?!?". I'll never understand why people all over the world think it is so weird to actually eat vegetables. If I had 20lb of rice in my cart they would think that is perfectly normal.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I am Facebook friends with a girl I knew in high school who is cutting out meat to try and lose some weight. She is maybe 15-20lbs over from what I can tell by her photos. I haven't talked to her in a while, but I feel like this is not the answer for her.... Would it be inappropriate to come out of the woodwork and offer advice for her? Since you said you've bee down this path before, I figured you would be able to answer this best.i don't want to offend her or speak out of turn...
    Probably not advice, unless she actually asks. But no harm in dropping a few hints about your own results from whatever changes you may have made. See if she bites.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    But they are now made with real cheese!! And even better, there's the Lean Pockets variety!! ~eyeroll~
    Hot Pockets!I love this comedic bit. Sums up SAD beautifully!

A muffin is a bald cake and we all know it

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    That ^^^^^ was hilarious!

Bran67don is offline Junior Member
    boxed food is quite expensive

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I checked out the cart in front of me yesterday... a huge pack of chicken legs and a TON of veggies. Was I behind one of you in the grocery store?!?

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    The obese mother buying her obese son and daughter ice cream at the organic food market. Saw that today. America.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I checked out the cart in front of me yesterday... a huge pack of chicken legs and a TON of veggies. Was I behind one of you in the grocery store?!?
    Was there a bunch of bacon in there, too? If not, wasn't me.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Was there a bunch of bacon in there, too? If not, wasn't me.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    No bacon, sadly, that would have made it perfect.

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Carbohydrates are exceedingly cheap though, unfortunately. And the old convienience factor. Plus some of those foods are pretty enjoyable/addictive!

What makes me really sad is when people actively and deliberately make choices based on terrible health conceptions. Like low fat mayonaise

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast