Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery store revalation page 10

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    People must think I am a vegetarian when I go to Wal Mart. I buy nothing but a copious amount of vegetables and olive oil when I'm there. How wrong they are. lol

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Walmart is our go-to store for cat litter.

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Walmart is the most depressing place to people and cart watch.

tapper47 is online now Senior Member
    The Walmart in my area is grubby. I can't stand going in there.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    The Walmart in my area is grubby. I can't stand going in there.
    The walmart in my area is cleaner than my cats' litter boxes. Yet I keep cats. Everything is relative.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Part of why WalMart's look grubby is they use crappy lighting that is actually somewhat environmentally friendly. They built a new store near me and yep, looks dingy, but it's the lighting.

Funny grocery store moment- yesterday at the healthfood store they were sampling grass fed strip steak in a salad with tomatoes, mozz, basil and a garlic olive oil. A very overweight woman turned down the sample with a smug "We don't eat meat", and then looked at her sheepish husband and said "neither does he". But plenty of heart healthy grains and healthy "treats" in her cart.

I damn near grabbed the woman and showed her the trio of photos....the one of me as a whale like vegan, Michelin man like vegetarian and normal size meat eater....Giving up meat is not the solution.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Walmart is our go-to store for cat litter.
    Likely more nutritious than most of the stuff on their "food" aisle shelves.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

whitegirlinasia is offline Junior Member
    If only it were as acceptable to criticize people's food choices as it is when others smoke. I want to tell my friends they are killing themselves.

In Japan you see far less large people. Plump is fat here. But you do see TONs of freakishly bow legged people. I'm convinced it's diet as the Koreans and Chinese people I know or see on a regular basis don't seem to have that problem.

But people do eat more veggies here and seem less glazed with wheat addiction. People's carts are usually filled with a reasonable number of veggies.

I actually wonder what sort of grain they use here. They're required to label GMOs and as far as I know all US grain is a GMO. I wonder if Japan is using old school grain and that's why you don't see as many inflamed wheat people. The acne epidemic here is pretty nuts though.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I am Facebook friends with a girl I knew in high school who is cutting out meat to try and lose some weight. She is maybe 15-20lbs over from what I can tell by her photos. I haven't talked to her in a while, but I feel like this is not the answer for her.... Would it be inappropriate to come out of the woodwork and offer advice for her? Since you said you've bee down this path before, I figured you would be able to answer this best.i don't want to offend her or speak out of turn...
    It works for some people, but a whole lot of people think that not eating 200 calories of meat means they can have 400 of junk. I probably wouldn't say anything unless weightloss comes up, then maybe mention what you are doing.

pfair143 is offline Member
    Was at the grocery store yesterday and while paying the clerk told me that she had the worst headache. I asked her if she had a soft drink that day.
    "Sure, I'm drinking one now" and pulled the famous fully sugared red can out from under the counter. "I usually have about six a day."
    "No wonder you have a headache.
    "Sodas cause headaches? Why is that?"
    "High fructose corn syrup among other things."
    "I never knew that."
    "If you decide to stop drinking them your headaches will probably get worse before they get better. Give it about a week and good luck"

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast