Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 31, female, started PB 233lbs, need help with macros and calorie intake. page 5

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Oh I so feel your discouragement. But you are right to say going back to SAD is not the answer. I really think you need to persevere with eating good wholesome primal food as you have been doing, add the lifting as you have been saying you will, and try not to let your beloved eat pizza in front of you, that really isn't fair right now (one day, you will find it doesn't bother you in the least).

As others have said, it's all about health, not just weight, and you will be doing yourself a favour to nurture your body as best you can, especially at this stage of life before you conceive.

Best wishes.
    Thanks, I will keep on persevering, one thing I'm not is a quitter
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Also check out:
    theclothesmakethegirl

She has the best cookbook ever, but also posts a lot about her experience with thyroid issues. I would think she might have some good info for you.
    Holy crap this girl is an original Texas roller girl! I played roller derby for the last two years til october! So cool thanks for the link!
    Veronica

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Standard PB is 65-70% fat, 20% protein, 10-15% carbs. What are you numbers in %s?

Exactly that, today was 68%fat/ 22% protein/ 10% carb.
    Veronica

That's good. OK, then drop the total calories but keep the same %s. 1100-1300 you started with sounds like a good range.

.jerico. is offline Junior Member
    Hi!
    I have no advice, just sympathies. I'm in the same boat, except no thyroid problem (that I know of). I'm down roughly 15 pounds in 10 months. Because all of my gain came from pregnancy, I did gain rapidly in a short period of time. My baby is 13 months, I've got roughly 20 more pounds of weight to lose, haven't lost since September and don't fit in my prepregnancy jeans :/
    I definitely think you should stay low carb while pregnant. I've done vlc (like under 20) for trials to get the weight off but I missed veggies! I've done trials without nuts and dairy. I just started working out- lifting and running- so I hope this helps. Hugs.

Thanks gonna drop back to 1400 this week, then if I don't see a difference 1300 and so on. I really don't want to eat under 1200 cals a day but because of my unique circumstances that's something I may have to think about.
    Veronica

Thanks! Hang in there too I hope the added exercise gets the weight moving!
    Veronica

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I created a 300-400 cal deficit in order to lose a pound a week. I didn't plan it that way. I just knew that I needed to eat
    <1000 cal a day in order to lose, and I was averaging about 900 cal (cycling). Keep in mind that I am post-menopausal and hypo, hence the low calories. I wasn't hungry, just as I'm never hungry now in maintenance at about 1200 cal, but my 'head' wants to feed my body more than it wants or needs. I may have wanted to lose faster, but I could not comfortably lower calories further.

By the way, I'm sure you know that when you're pregnant, you'll need to be followed closely by your endo (or whoever manages your thyroid)? I'm not sure whether this is true for someone like you without a thyroid, but it's important for hypothyroids, so I'm assuming it's true for anyone who takes Rx thyroid hormones. The hormonal surges of pregnancy require close monitoring, and usually the OB and endo work closely together.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Thanks gonna drop back to 1400 this week, then if I don't see a difference 1300 and so on. I really don't want to eat under 1200 cals a day but because of my unique circumstances that's something I may have to think about.
    Magnolia1973 has lived with thyroid problems, I never have. You take a replacement medication, I don't know if she does. You have to include these factors into which advice to take. When I hit a platform, I dropped my caloric intake for at least a week and then went back to 1200. But I hope this doesn't cause your body problems.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast