Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 31, female, started PB 233lbs, need help with macros and calorie intake. page 2

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    i just keep seeing here (and in the book)that calories matter, i figured if i followed the books advice on macros and watched my calories id get somewhere. i think its also important that i say that im not counting calories per meal, i just eat my primal foods and enter them at the end of the day into myfitnesspal. what i usually end up is in the 1500 range, some days its closer to 1300 and ill see that im way below my fat/protien/fat and ill actually go eat a snack to get my numbers up. so i think if i didnt enter my foods into a calorie counter id actually consistantly come in below 1500.

sample menu from my day:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs in tbsp butter, 2 slices bacon, Green smoothie( baby spinach, 2 chunks frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen berries, 1 tbsp flax meal, 1/4 cup full fat plain yogurt)

Lunch: 4 oz protein, big ass salad or cup of cooked vegetables with oil or butter (sometimes add and ounce of raw cheddar to salad). or 1 oz prosciutto , 1/2 cup cottage cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado if i dont want to cook.

dinner: 4 oz of protein with Cauliflower or squash with oil, butter etc

snacks: ounce of almonds, ounce of prosciutto,hard boiled egg, piece of 70% dark chocolate, 2 prunes
    Like I said, I'm not you, and I can't guess at how your body feels and what it needs. If you're eating MORE than your body is asking for, try not doing that. If that makes you lethargic and famished, try feeding it more. Picking a number to try to eat by is a total crapshoot for you at this point. It doesn't sound like you're having ravenous, hungry, hypoglycemia-induced binges, so try eating when you're hungry.

What is this "oil" you're putting on your squash and cauliflower? I hope it's olive or palm or coconut. And what's the point of the flax meal in your breakfast? I'd feed that to the chickens if I were you.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foodiegoneprimal View Post
    For me that is too much sugar...banana, berries, prunes and chocolate. Some people can handle that much but for me that equals slow to no weight loss.
    eat 1 square of chocolate maybe every 3 days, prunes once a week(we are talking 1 or 2 prunes), banana is literally 2 slices of banana, berries is like 2 frozen strawberries and 8 frozen blueberries. i dont think thats alot of sugar at all. those were just examples of snack not a daily occurence.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Like I said, I'm not you, and I can't guess at how your body feels and what it needs. If you're eating MORE than your body is asking for, try not doing that. If that makes you lethargic and famished, try feeding it more. Picking a number to try to eat by is a total crapshoot for you at this point. It doesn't sound like you're having ravenous, hungry, hypoglycemia-induced binges, so try eating when you're hungry.

What is this "oil" you're putting on your squash and cauliflower? I hope it's olive or palm or coconut. And what's the point of the flax meal in your breakfast? I'd feed that to the chickens if I were you.
    oil is extra virgin olive oil and organic extra virgin coconut oil , butter, or bacon grease. like i said in my original post all vegetable oils were thrown out on day one.

i thought flax see was supposed to be good? i can easily omitt it.
    Veronica

janie is offline Senior Member
    Are you actually measuring your foods and entering them into your tracking program? Yes, I know it is a pain. I did it when I was losing weight. I'm asking b/c I think you are getting way more calories than you think. I limit my calories to around 1400 and your list seems like way more food than I eat.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Some bodies lose weight very oddly. Mine comes off in chunks lately and its related to my monthly cycles. My month on scale often goes: \
    3-4 days out from the period start, I drop 1-2 lbs a day. So, maybe a loss of 4-5 lbs. Then I gain back 1 lb during my period, 1 more after my period. Then another chunk of weight 3-4 days out from the next period.

It starts to be easier to go by things like how your clothes fit etc.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Are you actually measuring your foods and entering them into your tracking program? Yes, I know it is a pain. I did it when I was losing weight. I'm asking b/c I think you are getting way more calories than you think. I limit my calories to around 1400 and your list seems like way more food than I eat.
    I weigh and measure everything, old habit I can't kick from my weight watcher days. I dont eat all those snacks I was just giving examples of what snacks foods I pick from. I guess I should have just done a specific day menu cause someone else thought it look like I had too much sugar, but I def don't eat all those things everyday.
    Veronica

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Number one, this is your journey so stop comparing yourself to your husband and others.

Number two, men and women lose weight differently.

Number three, have some patience. Give it six more weeks before you weigh yourself again. You didn't gain all the weight in 24 days.

Number four, Stop weighing yourself daily. Let your clothes be your guide.

Number five, pay attention to your hunger cues. If you were eating 100% as you say you are, and paying attention to when you're hungry when you're not, you shouldn't need to weigh or measure your food or count your calories or macros.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Calories do matter, but under eating will do more harm than good. You're not likely to go into starvation mode, that's a myth, but your body is intelligent and will try to conserve energy in other ways. I eat as much as you do and I'm 100 pounds, I would increase your calories to 1800, eat more fat, and keep the carbs under 50g.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I think you've gotten some good advice. If you're not hungry, don't eat. That's what they keep telling me anyway. Concentrate on eating nutritionally dense foods when you do eat. When you have that salad, pile it high, baby.

Oh, I'm curious as to why you say eliminate the flax? I sprinkle on the serving dose one 1 tbsp on my daily salad to get my Omega threes. I hate taking pills, so I eat it! Lovely crunch, too.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Number one, this is your journey so stop comparing yourself to your husband and others.

Number two, men and women lose weight differently.

Number three, have some patience. Give it six more weeks before you weigh yourself again. You didn't gain all the weight in 24 days.

Number four, Stop weighing yourself daily. Let your clothes be your guide.

Number five, pay attention to your hunger cues. If you were eating 100% as you say you are, and paying attention to when you're hungry when you're not, you shouldn't need to weigh or measure your food or count your calories or macros.
    You are totally right, I need to stop comparing myself to the others, hard not to when we all went primal together but I'm going to try to focus on myself.
    Veronica

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast