Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain - how do you cope ???? page 2

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I guess I have a rather high pain threshhold. In my younger days I had dreadlocks made. I had them made at an afro-hair salon, and the lady doing them asked me 'doesn't it hurt?' apparently, most of her other customers who had them made had complained to no end.
    Also, when I had my first tattoo, I remarked that it hurt most in my butt, for sitting still for so many hours

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I have only had the one go at a tatt, and that was my eyeliner lines, and I truely thought that I was strong. Anyhoo I WILL NEVER GET MY EYELINES TATTOOED AGAIN !!!!!! EVER - END - FULLSTOP !!!!!!!

unless I am put under a GA !!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I would imagine that as being way more painful than most other tattoo sites!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Depends on the pain, I guess.

Dental pain? I cannot tolerate even the slightest sensation in the dentists office. I must have full numbness!

Tattoo pain? Yeah, sometimes it really really hurts. I've got one coming up on my ankle. I know it's really going to hurt. You just have to bear it. Breathing helps. Trying to think of other things helps. Gripping the arm rests like you're going to break the chair kinda just happens. Once they are done it doesn't hurt as much and I can tolerate that kind of ache okay.

Lingering pain, like after an injury or surgery? After my hysterectomy, once I was home with my bottle of vicodin, I think I only took them the first day. After that I went without. I could tolerate the pain.

Sometimes I'll get a muscle pain, headache or some other kind of pain that just won't go away. Sometimes just taking a high dose of ibuprofen (like 4 of the OTC ones) is enough to break the cycle of pain and get me out of it. Then it'll just be gone and that's that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I have only had the one go at a tatt, and that was my eyeliner lines, and I truely thought that I was strong. Anyhoo I WILL NEVER GET MY EYELINES TATTOOED AGAIN !!!!!! EVER - END - FULLSTOP !!!!!!!

unless I am put under a GA !!!! LOL
    You actually just became the biggest badass in the thread

Definitely depends on the pain.
    When I had my tonsils removed, I got a perscription for three doses of painkiller a day, and one dose, sadly, did not last eight hours. So, I was faced with the choice of taking them all during the day, and then not sleep from the pain, or to sleep, but have horrible pains during the day.
    That was the worst pain I have ever had, I would say.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I avoid chemical/pharmaceuticals.

currently, I am experimenting with managing my pain issues using a natural herb.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    You actually just became the biggest badass in the thread
    now isn't that interesting - I have been called a badass before on this Forum !!!!!!!!

and that was by a lovely very young Kiwi fella !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I'm actually not sure how much pain I can tolerate, as I've somehow managed to avoid any situation that could cause a lot of pain. I have never needed dental work more than a simple cleaning, never broken a bone, do not have tattoos, have never had surgery, and have no children yet. The most pain I've ever felt has come from falls, scrapes, stubbed toes, mild headaches etc. It will be interesting to see how I tolerate pain when the inevitable day comes where something really hurts me, whether it be childbirth or something else.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast