Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal - good for your teeth - yay or nay? page

For_Sparta is offline Junior Member

Primal - good for your teeth - yay or nay?

Shop Now
    I've been fairly strictly primal for just over 2 years, and the only complaint (amidst all the good stuff) is that my teeth seem to have become worse over that period, as in more discolouration and more sensitivity. There may or may not be any connection, but I did come across this article which suggests this way of eating would be great for oral health

Does anyone else have concerns with Primal / healthy teeth? I guess one point I'm concerned about is that meat is quite acidic, so from a simpleton point of view increasing your consumption could cause acid erosion.... any thoughts / experiences out there?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i have zero sensitivity when i stay away from wheat and stick to meat vegetables and dairy. i don't eat a whole lot of fruit so i don't know how my teeth do on that

what do you eat?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I have been eating this way for about 7/8 months and I think that my teeth are alot better. I must admit that not having sugar must be great for the teeth -
    off to the dentist in 2 weeks so more info then (toothy grin)
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    I hd a couple of sensitive teeth pre- primal and thought I'd eventually need fillings. They have gradually improved and are now not sensitive at all. And the hygenist is amazed at how much less plaque my teeth develop now.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal is definitely good for teeth. Fat soluble vitamins and bacterial diversity are both beneficial
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Dental caries feed on simple carbs, primal is excellent for your dental health as long as you remember to floss out all the meat fragments.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    My hygienist was wowed the last two times. I will keep going. Primal, and the dentist, that is.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Meadow_001 is offline Junior Member
    I've been primal since December and had my last cleaning a week ago. As people above stated, my hygenist was amazed at the lack of tartar and the chronic gingivitis I've had since forever was gone. She told me that whatever I'm doing is working for me.

As an aside, I've noticed that my meat consumption has *decreased* significantly since going primal and my veggie intake has sky-rocketed. Undiagnosed gluten-intolerance is probably playing a part here as I think I ate so much of it before because I wasn't absorbing the nutrients.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    My hygenist was also shocked.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've a quirk - even when I ate a fairly SAD, I never had much cause for dental work. Never brushed, flossed, etc but never developed so much as bad breath. Not a cavity.

Switched dentists once, magically walked out with some fillings (strange, I don't remember seeing anything...). Switched to a new one (insurance!) and never needed one since.

M>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast